HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Is it an obsession

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I find myself always talking about haunt stuff or dieing for someone to bring up some related topic so that I have a legit reason to talk about it. I had subtle yet noticeable Halloween decorations up for the entire school year in my apartment (starting in August) and thankfully my 2 roommates put up with it. The deal was any bats or spiders had to be in my room. lol For me, I was fortunate enough to be a part of the Darkness at TW which helped scratch that itch and I'm sure MHC will too. But like Motograter said in the other thread - It's in our blood.

2. Default  
    Yes, you have an unhealthy obsession. Go seek professional help immediately...

(or find a year-round haunt)

:roll:

3. Default  
    Im an addict and i fully admit it lol, my advice enjoy what you do to the fullest degree every second you can.

During haunt season im perfectly happy, but after the season ends everything gets a little dull and gray on the edges. Once the season is done i go straight into prep time for the convention season building costumes, accessories, and planning and practicing makeup. And once convention season ends i start planning for the coming haunt season.

Try to keep yourself busy, try to use your time to improve and practice skills, try to better your talants and consistently come up with new ideas and build on them...its the only way i stay sane

and if all else fails....dress up just for the hell of it

Jackie
    Rotting Flesh Radio Haunt Hottie

P.S. Dont worry if early costuming is a sign that something is wrong with you then im about to be committed, i build at least 3 costumes a year and work on them nonstop, not a week goes by where im not sewing, painting, aging, distressing, goring, or organizing costumes....lol i practically live in my costume room
    Last edited by OdetteDespairr; 05-27-2009 at 12:19 PM.
    “Happiness is the sublime moment when you step out of your corset at the end of the night.”

“Actors love mental disorders, dialects, and corsets. Give them one of the three and they're happy.”

4. Default  
    There is nothing wrong with a haunt obsession as long as it doesn't prevent you from functioning throughout the standard day to day.

Build up your costuming in the offseason! One of my biggest pet peeves are when actors only have a few costumes that they use over and over. Then again, I have an entire room with over 100 costumes in it (I've been doing this a long time and I do not repeat an act during the year).

Create new characters, try different types of makeup, hit up thrift stores to find props and costuming for cheap.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

5. Default  
    I do! But heres my bane, i create a costuem. Talk to my mates from the haunt. "Oh yeah kick ass man use that one" but the next day i will use it for scrap and start again. Nothing makes me happy. My clown costume has been in the works for three years. Havn't even really worn it yet....

6. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "Giggles" STOP destroying those costumes! Hang them up, look at them for a few weeks, they can show you where you have been and maybe, just maybe, where you don't want to go any longer.
    I learn from my own artwork by keeping it around and it will at the very least serve to amuse me if nothing else or sometimes even inspire me.
    Then my taste or mind will change and something looks much better to me a short while later.
    I glue fabrics together now with GOOP glue. Needle & Thread are DEAD!

7. Default Maybe this all wouldn't be addictive? 
    For me, if I wasn't recieving such lavish and wonderfull compliments so often?
    but then I guess that is why I do put so much time and thoughtfull energy into what I do here, I'm just a pleading lap-dog whining for a pat on the head, pathetic isn't it?
    "Urr, urr, urr,urr!" Hah, hah, hah, hah!"
    "Good dog impersonation Jim, can you lick yourself down there like a real dog."
    "Maybe I can for another dollar? Make that two dollars if your wife is watching (this should help YOU out when she gets you home! ..as quick as she can!

8. Default  
    Goop Glue?

9. Default Goop Gluing 
    It's name is "GOOP", comes in a tube you squeeze, there is Household, Automotive and Shoe Goo for regluing those favorite old shoes that you like.
    I have glued denium and vynl very successfully, even covering my Spookmobile with vynl and it stays on.
    I first glue a 1/2" wide edge over on to itself , let it set there for a day with clamps or massive weight on it to hold it together, then I glue this to itself gluing the under side of the doubled previously glued seam, leave it clamped for a day and this stuff is very strong when used this way.
    I have also glued my Redwing work boots back together, rather than spend $250.oo for a new pair! I also have glued my Nike slip-ons they quit making so many years ago (with nothing to replace them!) These particulair shoes weigh..nothing, as you may have guessed , these are my speed-around, scare people shoes.

10. Default  
    GOOP Glue. Good to know. Add to my list of "must-buys."

BarbieHaunt
    Friends Sold Separately
    (You Too Can Be Sold -
    Just Join Our Friends List!
    Obviously Kidding About Being Sold)

Actually, as explained previously in a thread we started, the silly name BarbieHaunt has absolutely nothing to do with Barbie dolls but was our private joke name because before the haunt's pink and blue styrofoam walls are hard coated and painted, it reminds us of a Barbie Dream Haunt.

Thread Information