HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Favorite tactic

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default I Used To Do That 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Freelance scarying people, not anymore.
    Things never quite turned out the way I thought that they would.

2. Default  
    my personal fav is of course...mine...I'm Mr. Warwick, an absolute genius lol who caused all the crap thats happening at the haunt...i love having this twisted lil smile on my face (i have yellow UV Reactive Contacts) getting withen inches of them and just talking to them completely monitone...huge eyes....i really dont have anything all that scary to say, but the women usually cry lol....of course when i have enuff actors my monster then jumps out from around the corner and finishes them off. I catch them right at the entrance from an artificial hallway and we ripped the wall along with its supports out of the wall on the first nite from them jumpin back so hard.

My personal fav event was when I found out one of the female customers names. She was coming through with just her bf and she was actually not suction cupped to him...so i start doing my thing to her bf and shes laughing her butt off...I say to the boy friend"you're not supposed to be here..." then i turned looked her dead in the eye and added "....katie" her smile whipped off her face and she started screaming....so i followed them into the next room acting all nice and as she walked by i leaned in and whispered in her ear "I'll be waiting for you in the shadows...katie" she starts bawling so i slam the door shut and listened to the screamin...man it was a good day

3. Default Sometimes.. 
    Customers get upset if I happen to remember that they have been here before.
    Some get upset when I don't remember that they have been here.
    My smart-azz response to guys saying this:"Maybe I would remember you if the last time you were here you were blond, naked and female! (and foxy)

As I put one to 14 people inside of the Fear Degauser cylinder I apologise for forgetting to give them the breakfast menu, then I almost whisper in through the vision port:"This is not a breeding experiment!"
    Then in an even quieter voice I say:"Because I'm not in there!"

4. Default  
    i enjoy the scare where you look like a prop, then when people believe you are, you scream at them and start chasing them.
    of course in the haunt I'm building (Screamwalk) I'll be hidenn completely, then running out with the chainsaw or axe (dpending on if I can get a chainsaw)

5. Default  
    I once told a man working for me to pretend that he wasn't a real person and then scare people.
    He misunderstood me and thought he was supposed to just pretend to not be a real person, at all costs!
    "That little Bitch kept kicking me in the shins to make me do something so she could tell if I was real of not! I just sat there on the couch not moving or anything. "I thought:
    Go ahead and keep kicking me Honey, you won't get me to move or make a sound!"

This guy was a retired old farmer. His Wife ran the farm always telling him what to do and when to do it. I told someone that they shouldn't be making fun of him since I was told that when he was a kid that his Father accidently had run over part of his head with a tractor.
    I was then informed that the Father must have had them both lay down infront of the tractor because he had an identicle twin brother who was just like him (mentally).???

6. Default  
    I love to stand under a vortex light and pop out when someone gets too close. another favorite is to wear a metal glove and smack a railing or trash can as I go past someone. It's so unexpected that they invariably get a good startle or scream. Of course waiting behind a trash can while a group of 14-year-old girls walks past and then sliding the can and smaking it with the glove usually makes them all fall over in their hast to get away...

7. Default  
    I've found that a well placed plant in line wearing a new white sweatshirt can instill fear in most. Sheldon approaches and "accidentally" smears three fingers of blood and snot across the front of the sweatshirt. Apologizing profusely he retreats. Watch them scatter when he sets his sights on the closest article of white clothing. Blood, boogers and Baby Phat... it has a ring to it.

8. Default That is funny Sheldon! 
    Often customers here get scared because they can't tell whether I'm "acting" or if I am really "like this", crazy, senile, about to do anything at anytime.
    I admit that your finger smearing makes more sense than me shitting my pants, if I could figure out how to simulate the effect things would be better between me and my Wife, who does our laundry.

9. Default  
    That's what apple butter and Tootsie rolls are for...

10. Default then I could say: 
    "Eat my shorts!"

and if yours look good I can start on them.

Thread Information