HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Ghosts: True or Fictional?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    We would all like "Hell" to be on our own terms wouldn't we?
    Kind of hard to find such leverage though.
    Did you make the downpayment on one of satan's time/share condominums?
    You get to stay there every other millenium.
    He showed me one,( even gave me a free t-shirt,) in New Orleans but I could foresee alot of maintenance nightmares ahead, like removing the entire second floor deck to fix the leaking flat tar roof under it and no plumbing access behind the tub faucets.

2. Default Who you gonna to call 
    I went Waverley Sanatorium and It was haunted, I saw Black Shadows walking about the halls and I don't think they are souls more of kind of echos of what happen there you know.

DR

3. Default  
    A customer touring my house told me about what had happened at a abandoned nursing home about 100 miles from here.
    There is a hole, maybe rotted? Through the building and from the attic you can look down and see the basement four floors away!
    A tricycle either was pushed or just fell into this open, dangerous hole, they watched it and heard if fall.
    They went down to the basement and there was no tricycle to be found!?
    They returned to the attic and there it was!
    I was sort of familiar with the nursing home.
    I visited my Grandmother there about 44 years ago, she passed away there.
    The hallucinations she was having were incredible and funny...maybe people die and sometimes leave those hallucinations behind for the living to enjoy?
    She was telling me with a gleam in her eye that she was just in a parade, on a float, wearing big Mexican sombrero.
    She could no longer move much in reality. Her time was very close.

4. Default My Customers Tell Me Ghost Stories. 
    And usually they seem like they are actually genuine people, telling me the truth.
    For the non-believers read on...A woman's son was killed while they were on vacation, he got clobbered by another jet-ski.
    A few months later, back home in Dixon, Ill. another son of hers came up from his basement bedroom and told the rest of the family(a large family) that their son and brother who was living in Colorado would be all right. Don't panic, don't expect the worst."
    "?"
    That was all that he could tell them for now.
    A few days went by and then they got word that the Colorado boy had been mugged, stabbed and he was in the hospital!
    He recouperated, recovered.
    The family now wanted to know how their son living in the basement knew this was going to take place?
    As he was sitting on his bed the ghost of the brother killed by the jet-ski appeared, and looked totally real and solid in form, he told of the Colorado misfortune about to transpire, but made him promise not to say anymore than the minimal information beforehand.

One of her sons was sent home from grade school something totally out of character because he never got in trouble at school.
    "They sent me home because I upset Mr. ("Whatshisname"?), the janitor, I told him that he should see a Doctor right now because if he didn't that he would die!"
    "You shouldn't go around upsetting people like that, you know better!"
    "But Mom, he is really sick, I can see it by looking at him."
    "He's still at the school working , though, right?"
    "Yes."
    The janitor died a day or two later.

Ever heard the legend/myths concerning a seventh son of a seventh son?
    There were seven boys in their family.

5. Default  
    I'm fully expecting the digital age we live in to at some point in the near future put an end to the debate once and for all. With inexpensive and powerful equipment available to everyone, camera phones, web cams, and HD recorders you can stick in your shirt pocket, SURELY someone will soon catch some indisputable evidence if there is indeed anything "over there".

Lacking any indisputable evidence recorded anywhere in the world, I think at some point the belief in ghosts will begin to recede into the annals of human lore along with Zeus, Apollo and the Cyclops.

Of course, the power of cheap technology brings with it the ability to create the convincing forgery... so we may never know.
    Michael Inks
    Geist Entertainment, Inc.
    www.geistentertainment.com
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

6. Default A Divided Camp 
    Usually if you have had a supernatural experience ..then you believe, if you never have had such an experience..then you usually don't.
    Even discounting "Imagination" and sensory disfunctions there will still remain a whole many things out there that will never be explained away that science can't figure out.
    For instance the recent incident where a woman had a tooth ache, yet her dentist could find nothing causing it, then she found out her identicle twin 2,000 miles away just had that tooth pulled.
    Yes a great many people are full of bull-chitt or simply desire an audience so the fantastic stories are born.. but it isn't all like that, infact many people have told me their stories who are very conservative, unimaginative, sober people who had not just returned froma loved one's funeral, they had no thoughts of mortality weighing down their minds then, "What was that?"

My Brother and his co-worker were driving down a country road on a beautiful day when a mile or less ahead of them two bright lights zoomed up into the sky.
    Upon closing the distance, they discovered at the same moment they saw these two bright lights fly up and dissappear that two people had just met their death in a car wreck.
    My Brother and the other man were thinking about their impending lunch at the time, that was all.
    I have a theory that often the supernatural uses our own minds as a receiver for their messages.
    numerous people have "heard" their names called in on part of this house, loud enough to wake them from a sound sleep when it was a bedroom in the one apartment. This boggled my logical mind for quite some time. Ghosts have vocal chords? They can speak? Tune in upon our internal brain frequency and they are "talking" from inside our own heads.
    There are some haunted people, some genuinely , some for attention.
    Some haunted people I have met had hideous childhoods. This might have increased their sensitivity or maybe made them audience-seekers?
    There are also "power-Seekers" who seek some quasi-religious power or influence over others to feed their own ego or wallet or both....

Thread Information