HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Air Gun

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. Default Air Gun 
    #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Waverly, Iowa
    Posts
    651
    Hi there, I was wondering if any of you could help me locate a prop I'm looking for. In 07 I went through Dream Reapers haunted house in Illinois and they had a clown room full of different clowns. One clown had this big gun looking thing that shot puffs of air at the patrons as they walked by... Do any of you know where I could get something like that?

    Thanks in advance for any help.
    .
     

  2. Default  
    #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Mesquite, TX
    Posts
    2,788
    I believe they you are talking about an airzooka
    http://www.amazon.com/Can-You-Imagin...1470015&sr=8-1
    I use them alot and They are quite effective.
    Allen H.
     

  3. Default  
    #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Columbia Missouri
    Posts
    786
    Front, what you saw was basically an air cannon. You can adjust them to shoot pulses instead of a single shot. They attatched it to a hose and put it on a fake gun to make it look like they were shooting you. You can buy them ready to go but i dont know off hand who sells them. We bought the parts from digital sound and lighting and built our own.
     

  4. Default  
    #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Columbus, Ohio
    Posts
    1,723
    I think the one they were using was a model made by Little Spider. I have one of these as well. I don't think they sell them anymore. Hollywood Controls and Haunted Enterprises both offer them as well.
     

  5. Default  
    #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Waverly, Iowa
    Posts
    651
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen H View Post
    I believe they you are talking about an airzooka
    http://www.amazon.com/Can-You-Imagin...1470015&sr=8-1
    I use them alot and They are quite effective.
    Allen H.
    Not exactly what I'm looking for, but a good idea none the less!
    If I don't find what I'm looking for, I may go for a few of those!
    Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by N2SPOOKINU View Post
    Front, what you saw was basically an air cannon. You can adjust them to shoot pulses instead of a single shot. They attatched it to a hose and put it on a fake gun to make it look like they were shooting you. You can buy them ready to go but i dont know off hand who sells them. We bought the parts from digital sound and lighting and built our own.
    Thanks! I'll check their site out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    I think the one they were using was a model made by Little Spider. I have one of these as well. I don't think they sell them anymore. Hollywood Controls and Haunted Enterprises both offer them as well.
    Man LS made so much cool stuff! I hate that they don't do haunt products anymore! And I checked out the other sites, the Hollywood Controls one looks like they just attached a paintball gun to a air compressor hose of some sorts...
    Who would have thought!?

    Thanks guys!
    .
     

  6. Default  
    #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Abcynthiana
    Posts
    1,167
    Edge Designs has a clown that blows a large puff of smoke.
    But their site appears to be down at the moment.
    I think they called them blow effects.
     

  7. Default  
    #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Lock Haven, PA
    Posts
    83
    Quote Originally Posted by Front Yard Fright View Post
    Hi there, I was wondering if any of you could help me locate a prop I'm looking for. In 07 I went through Dream Reapers haunted house in Illinois and they had a clown room full of different clowns. One clown had this big gun looking thing that shot puffs of air at the patrons as they walked by... Do any of you know where I could get something like that?

    Thanks in advance for any help.
    .
    Have you found what you are looking for? If not I might be able to help you build something close.
     

  8. Default Hmm 
    #8
    Ok I am brain dead.......I know what you are talking about......since it is in our haunt.

    We took a nerf gun....and converted it

    There is an air cannon on the top of the wall.....we bought a little box thingy that makes the other thingy sound like a machine gun shot.

    I know the people bought it have a ton of stuff to hook up to air cannons

    I just can't remember who it was..... SORRY
    Gee could it get any better than this?
     

  9. Default  
    #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    San Diego, Clairemont
    Posts
    597
    Paintball gun, to a HPA tank. Or high pressure air/compressed aire which ever you preffer. Shoots air at people...make sure there are no paintballs. For some $$$ you can make your paintball gun look like a reall gun. You can buy sleek air pressure tanks that arent verry big. And the best part it you can fil lthem up with any compressed air source or even a scuba tank. But for a haunt who needs fast use. I would suggest getting multiple HPA tanks and getting them all filled up. Make sure you buy a paintball gun with low operating pressure so you can get many shots out of one tank. This will limit your ability for realistic look but it will last you all night. I would buy a spyder VS1 if you go for this approach. Its loud and shoots forever on one 3000 psi tank. 5-9 tanks would last you atleast two nights. Granted your not shooting consecutively..as in all the time. If so i would reccomend a higher pressure tank which gets about 150 per tank range.
     

  10. Default  
    #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Sarnia Ontario Canada
    Posts
    10
    I don't know if these are the same they are called Air Zookas I got one for Christmas this year they are great they shoot puffs of are from at least 20 feet away.If you didn't know what it was in the dark it would really be freaky. It feels like a wall of air just hits you. You can buy them from Spencer Gifts here is the url

    http://www.spencersonline.com/product/Airzooka/ hope this helps
    Attached Images
    Chris & Carrie Baxterhttp://www.reapersrealm.ca
     

Thread Information
Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •