HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Recovering the Scare

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    One October I had a large group in my kitchen, lights on, and as I'm talking this one young man in a black leather jacket was staring at me , unblinking, unfriendly, then I began taking them into the next room and he had dissappeared!?
    He got "sick" almost passed out, stumbled into a bunch of stuff by the exit, picked himself up, stumbled out the exit door, puked, fell onto a pile of scrap metal then others helped him to the car.
    Later his friends who made the whole tour began begging me to give him a partial refund because he had only seen the first few minutes.
    I saw an opportunity in this action.
    I went and took three ones, poured phony blood over then and walked out and handed this sticky dripping gross looking pile to his outstretched hand coming from inside the car.
    (Testing to see if he was grossed out by what I don't know?)
    A huge smile crossed his face and you would think I had just handed him $1,ooo.oo!??
    I guess he felt better.
    Was he sick? Drunk? Scared?
    Who knows, but he and his friends never forgot that refund!

2. Default  
    Probably a little bit of all three Jim! One guy came into the haunt first thing he did was keel over and vomit! Has anyone here recovered a scare? As in missed it first time either on a startle or a scene and recovered it or freaked the guy out in the end? I would love to here some stories!

3. Default Recouping The Scare.. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Is sort of what I do all the time here.
    I am usually the one doing their whole tour so I am ambushing them throughout the 90 minutes.
    I often choose and pick my victim(s) as they travel through, allowing a certain person a "pass" that I got a good reaction from last time a few minutes ago, now picking on the one who was hanging back just safely watching...
    ...then there was the time my Ex "scared" a whole roomfull of Harley bikers. She meekly walked into the room and quietly said, "Someone knocked over your bikes in the parking lot."
    They all laughed! "Good Joke!" HAHAHAH!.....then some of them noticed that she wasn't smiling or laughing or relaxing.
    A girl working for us was being given a ride here by her Mother who was test-driving a used car, she wasn't used to the brakes on the car and bumped one bike, then the domino effect began, luckly stopping at 4 or 5 machines, but one of them was brand new with only 300 miles on it.
    If the door locks on the used car hadnot worked I think they would have possibly beat her to death!
    They acted as if she was a bike-hit man who had followed them 140 miles and waited just to do this to their bikes.
    "It's paint and metal, it can be fixed." None of the bikes were unrideable.

4. Default  
    Nothing Like real life to scare the day lights outta ya right Jim? Haha

Thread Information