HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Who runs a hayride?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Who runs a hayride? 
    Who all runs a hayride or pumpkin patch? I am on a board that does a haunted hayride every October in Columbiaville, Michigan. Our event is called Creepy Hollow. Our entire hayride is through thick woods. Last year we had 14 scenes and good attendance. Anyone else?

2. Default  
    I have not done hayrides or other outdoor attractions in the past, but am considering doing it this year. What works well for you? How do you deal with weather?

I look forward to learning more.

Dave

3. Default  
    Well, weather can be a huge problem for an outdoor attraction. One thing we do is just make sure all of our wiring is safe so it can hold up. On really bad nights we do not run. Also make sure you don't leave any props that you really like at the site because we have had people come through and destroy stuff. Another big factor is the cold, make sure you have a heat source for your guests while they are waiting for the ride. We also provide blankets for the ride itself.

4. Default  
    Anyone else do a hayride?
    Jared Layman

5. Default  
    We're building a hayride RIGHT NOW for one of our attractions...

We'll have a 25,000 square foot SILOX, 5,500 square foot trailer haunt, Distortions Beast and a 1/4 mile long Hayride. The hayride will pack a huge punch with tons and tons of awesome scenes and lots of detail.

Larry

6. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by drfrightner
    We're building a hayride RIGHT NOW for one of our attractions...

We'll have a 25,000 square foot SILOX, 5,500 square foot trailer haunt, Distortions Beast and a 1/4 mile long Hayride. The hayride will pack a huge punch with tons and tons of awesome scenes and lots of detail.

Larry
    Will you be showing any footage of it on any of the upcoming DVDs? I think our hayride is also about a quarter of a mile.
    Jared Layman

7. Default  
    As soon as we get our new website up we'll start featuring photos and eventually a video. Larry

8. Default Haunted Hayride 
    I have done the Haunted Hayride for the last 8 years. The first three years were helping with others scenes, the last 5 years, we have done our own. For the last two years, our scene has won first place for best scene. I absolutly LOVE doing the haunted hayride. :twisted:
    ~Please don't feed yourself to the wildlife!~
    ~Openings available-ask about our easy layaway plans~

9. Default  
    I have been volunteering at a local haunted hayride / haunted barn attraction in the Harrisburg, Pennsylvania area for 10 years. It's the oldest haunted attraction in the state. Have a great time with a great bunch of people raising money for the Hershey Medical Center for Children with Cancer.

I have produced several small haunted attractions in the past (i.e., terror trails, haunted train ride, etc.) and if things go well will be designing an all new haunted trail or haunted hayride in my area for 2007. I have several sites that I'm negotiating with at the present time. (Fingers crossed!)
    The Haunter's Depot
    www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

10. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I'm curious, Larry. Will there actually be any hay on the wagons when they are in operation?
    I could see some problems with hay, alergys to name one, combustability the other and a real good place to lose car keys or a thin wallet full of everything. (Or heirloom necklaces?)
    I almost forget "Needles!" (in a hay stack)

Thread Information