HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: CGI Technology In Your Haunt???

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Kel, I had seen this site before (after they did a piece on RFR), and their system is interesting. I am not, however, really looking for hardware, but more for information on producing the video itself (or perhaps a reasonably priced service to do so). The services part of the website isn't up yet. Did you happen to discuss this area with them?

Dave

2. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    I really was just getting information on the whole system and what all it entails. The projector would be the only thing needed to purchase separately and that can be found on eBay or less than buying from Epson directly. :wink:

Kel

3. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    plexi-mirrior 3'x6' $122.00, 2'x2' $27.00, I got prices today from Quality glass and Mirror. The frame can be made from wood, it wouldn't fold up but hay.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

4. Default  
    SomeThingInTheIce and Raycliff Manor,
    What effects are you trying to achieve? If you are doing pepper's ghosts with humanoid ghosts it might be cheaper and easier to just film actors doing the ghosts and adding special effects to the video. Disney did this on their tower of terror attraction.
    -PH

5. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    I'm actually going after the effects like the ones on the Hollow3D website at http://www.hollow3d.com/products/imagery.html This is the type of cgi Im looking for. I think this company is going to be able to meet my needs. I'd love to see video footage of what has been done at the Tower of Terror though, if such video exists!

Kel

6. Default  
    They do a pepper's ghost effect in which you look down a hallway and see the ghosts of the doomed elevator's pasengers.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=GZgWNCAP9V4
    the effect I am talking about starts 1 and a half minutes into the video.
    -PH

7. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    Awesome footage! Thanks for posting this! :twisted:

Kel

8. Default  
    No problem kel, it is an awesome ride!
    The effect is simple actually.
    Guests look down a hallway unaware that between them and the back wall stands a piece of glass set on a 45 degree angle. The image of the passengers is projected on the righthand wall about 10 feet away from the guests ( they don't see the projection because it happens in an alcove that appears to be another hallway that branches off.

Like so:

..................alcove with nothing.........................

Guest..................angled glass..........................back wall

.................alcove with projection.......................

Hopefully that makes some sense...
    -PH

9. Default  
    While their off the shelf products are nice, they are not quite what we are looking for. We may well just take PH's suggestion and shoot live video on a modified pepper's ghost (you can do really cool stuff with an extra piece of glass and an extra projector (ala Disney)). We have a good video editing suite to play with, so this is a good option for us. On the other hand, don't want to reinvent the wheel, so if anyone comes up with more good info, please post.

Dave

10. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Talking tech-nickle stuff just to confuse some of us half-wits?
    What's a "Wheel"? anyway?
    My Pepper's Ghost shows a "Hot Babe" in the reflection, which is just actually setting their minds up to have a good scare, courtesy of the "Hot Babe"!
    I have scared people who told me they never get scared in a haunted house with this previously mentioned set up.
    The main item making it all work was given to me by a well-known haunter who said, "Maybe you can figure something out with this in your haunted house, I can't use it."
    (Being fair, this item is not really a haunted house item as far as I know, maybe that's part of the secret of the reaction it ellicts?)
    Lots of FUN!!!

Thread Information