HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: CGI Technology In Your Haunt???

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    So, CGI stands for: Cardboard Girl Illusion?

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatremacabre
    While their off the shelf products are nice, they are not quite what we are looking for. We may well just take PH's suggestion and shoot live video on a modified pepper's ghost (you can do really cool stuff with an extra piece of glass and an extra projector (ala Disney)). We have a good video editing suite to play with, so this is a good option for us. On the other hand, don't want to reinvent the wheel, so if anyone comes up with more good info, please post.

Dave
    hey dave where did you hear/learn of something like this? the combination alone sounds exciting.

3. Default  
    Jason,

Okay, being an attorney, I have to preface my answer with the statement that this source can be used for inspiration, but if you take the ideas and use them as is, you could be committing legal or ethical violations.

Okay, that said, if you don't mind some dry reading and want to be inspired as to ways to create new methods for special effects, spend a few hours on Google searching patents. Using the key words "Disney" and "Illusion" will yield very interesting results.

Dave

4. Default  
    Hello everyone,

We do offer custom CGI and video production services for use with projection systems. Our "Services" section on the web site is still down and for that I apologize. We have been very busy producing new content for use with our projection systems or any projection system for that matter.

We can produce custom scenes and visual effects at very reasonable prices. Plus we will have 20 new characters and scenes ready do go as a turn key solution. We will be previewing the characters at Transworld along with a couple of new products.

I will be happy to answer any questions. Please send me an email or give a call.

Thank you

David Love
    Hollow 3D Productions
    http://www.hollolw3d.com
    hollow3d@pacbell.net
    805-341-8819

5. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    "Ethics?"
    Those are those ways of acting and being that we would like to see everyone else strickly adhere to, right? But of course they couldn't possibly also apply to US!
    Everytime I hear about someone stealing some idea or routine from my show to use somewhere else, I always pray to the god of"Their Audience Were Here Already And Saw It, And Will Recall The Experience And Treat The Thief Like The Bowel-Of-A-Whale That He Is."
    Sometimes this obscure showbusiness god of originality does respond and smite them with jeers and being made into a naked, pimply-beaked ostrich.

"Look at that guy on the stage, he was ostrich-sized!"

6. Default  
    On such short notice, I'm not really sure what to do with the bowels of a whale? Is there an eskimo FAQs page I can go to for reference?

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

7. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    They make very resilliant wind-bags for your bagpipes.
    Be the envy of all the pipers , able to hold that note 20 times longer than anyone else.
    You'll have bass tones that can talk to submarines half way around the planet.

8. Default  
    Cool, I like bag pipe music.

9. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Theatremacabre
    Jason,

Okay, being an attorney, I have to preface my answer with the statement that this source can be used for inspiration, but if you take the ideas and use them as is, you could be committing legal or ethical violations.

Okay, that said, if you don't mind some dry reading and want to be inspired as to ways to create new methods for special effects, spend a few hours on Google searching patents. Using the key words "Disney" and "Illusion" will yield very interesting results.

Dave
    ahh yes. i never looked too much into those topics, not that it hasn't crossed my mind. just never enough time to really get into the research. still i'll make some time. lol

thanks dave

Thread Information