HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: How do you adjust your theme each year.

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep the same theme and backstory -- just change the scares

6 12.50%
  • Keep the same theme and backstory -- but the story progresses

4 8.33%
  • Redesign some scenes, but keep the same overall themes

18 37.50%
  • Design a new theme every year (in at least one of your attractions)

18 37.50%
  • Another approach (please elaborate below)

2 4.17%

Thread: What do you do with your theme each year?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default Allan H. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Do your signs get much vandalism inflicted upon them?
    Seems as if they might present a pretty attractive target (or stolen as a souveneer?)
    Replacing such indivualistic creations on short notice would be tough.

2. Default Old Orchard Park's Haunted House and Hayride 
    For the last eight to nine years, we have completey changed our theme. We have done everything from Aliens to Haunted Mines to Zombies. As for last year, we choose the Dark Carn-Evil theme. After much discussion, we decided to try using it for 2009, but also to change some of the less "eventfull" scares. We will also be adding scenes to the ones we already had on our Hayride. Changing our Haunted House every year wasn't a problem because we used the campground's pavillion and made removable sides and interior partition walls.

3. Default Jim 
    Not much vandalism, no. The signs are printed at a sign shop for about $35 each or so, they keep a digital copy so I can get one the next day if necessary.
    Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Warfield View Post
    Do your signs get much vandalism inflicted upon them?
    Seems as if they might present a pretty attractive target (or stolen as a souveneer?)
    Replacing such indivualistic creations on short notice would be tough.

4. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I like customers who know how to read. Getting them reading takes their mind into a different mode, often a mode more susceptible to imaginings, theirs or mine, no difference, it's all working.
    Readers do move more slowly than non-readers who may be runners(great god throughput!)
    I like going for the quality of entertainment that implants real memories of experiences that create return customers who then become patrons.
    I have so much story here that I can not tell it all during one tour and then things keep happening here that also tend to add to the story of this haunted , haunted house.
    Whether you believe in the supernatural or not it really doesn't matter, the things I talk about concerning this house have happened, right here, to numerous people.
    The definition of fear that people can come away with from The Ravens Grin Inn is one that can be too powerfull for some to comfortably handle very well.
    This is why I consciously add some humor to the incidents as I tell them to play down the mystical, oddness and potentially mentally upsetting aspects of the new truths that assail their minds and may cause deep doubts concerning their previous life experiences.
    "Entertainment" is not "Brain surgery"?
    Yes it is. Be careful as you wield more and more powerful tools.

5. Default  
    Allen that is a great idea for assisting with the story. I am planning on always keeping the Asylum theme, but changing up the sets a little each season. Last year I had the Fairbanks Asylum "Dare to Face your True Insanity" This year I have the Fairbanks Asylum "Nightmares Of The Damned." I find it gives people more intrest knowing that something is going to be diffeerent and of course scarier to the year before. But there are Key rooms I will be keeping, just upgrading each year.

Thanks
    Rob
    Owner/Operator
    Fairbanks Asylum

Thread Information