HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Cool Santa Stuff for Haunted House

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    ...then be prepared to lose the paper AND the pen!
    Begin all over again!
    I do this enough, I finally remember the idea, for at least alittle while.

2. Default Re: Cool Santa Stuff for Haunted House 
    Quote Originally Posted by MidnightEvil
    OK everyone

What cool haunt house stuff did Santa bring you?

He gave me 4 - 40ft semi trailers so I can build a trailer haunt
    now I just need 2 more -- woohoo no more looking for
    a building to rent. They start bring them on Tuesday.
    who gave you those? how well does a trailer haunt work? i often wondered. does anyone have constructions pics. of such a haunt?

are you very limited with your path when having trailers?

3. Default  
    Hey Jason

I gave them to myself for Christmas.

They can be very effective if done right.
    There was an article in hauntworld #1 and #2 on trailer haunts.
    Trailer haunts videos can be found on the hauntworld DVD's
    A trailer haunt design kit can be bought from hauntedvillage.com

I plan on video taping and taking photo's of my build for any one that
    is interested.
    Gary
    Midnight Evil Productions
    www.MidnightEvil.com
    Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
    www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

4. Default  
    Will you haunt/build video be rated "G" or "PG", or noted unacceptable for "Language"?
    Hammer-head to fingertip and away those "G" ratings go!

5. Default  
    Well- trailer haunts can be really good, and really frustating at the same time. They're great because they're made of wood and steel, and they echo really good. So when you crank up a chainsaw with one group, the next group thats in the haunt, 30 to 40 ft. behind can really here it.
    But then theres the frustating part. With only an 8 ft. wide space to work with, you either design it where the patrons have to make a zig-zag left-to-right path, or make one long path on one side of the trailer, and the other half will be where the scares come from. It's real hard to get scares from both sides of the patrons because of the width of the trailer.
    But- if you get trailers, you can leave the stuff all year round, not have to pay rent for a large building, and even move it around when you need to.

It's a good alternative to your typical haunt.

6. Default  
    Brad,

have you been through Doc Wilks Haunted Something or other? A trailer haunt set up. The Spirit Halloween man said it was really something with lots of detail and props galore. I saw the set up off season traveling to Longview and really don't know where I was.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

7. Default  
    Rather than someone busting their hump trying to make the inside of a trailer look like "something else", I have always thought that having the interior remain a truck but a truck loaded full of mysterious crates and boxes and coffins then anticipation could build as to which ones were going to have something aggressive coming out of them.
    Starting out slow some night? Open all the boxes for the show, getting too busy? Only open a few boxes, total control and flexibility of the tour time, yet travel paths remain the same.
    I have always thought this would work, and I have thought this for at least the last ten minutes.

8. Default  
    I agree Jim. I have always liked haunts that make creative use of things other than walls to create the maze. With a trailer haunt, this works perfectly into the theme. And, as you already noted, creates a great deal of flexibility.

Thread Information