HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Some mildew/moss/algae costume question.

1. Default Some mildew/moss/algae costume question. 
    I am in the process of making a messed up old zombie. A well dressed zombie of course.
    But my question is, how do i get the looks of moss, mildewy or rotten clothes look? I have a black suit jacket, a torn up white dress shirt, black slacks. I have tried smearing dirt and all that. But it just doesnt have the look i want. Like the zombie was in the ground for a long time who only recently rose up. Course' theres going to be mildew and moss on their clothes right?
    I am having a real hard time making the suit look like that. I need a look that will last obviously.
    Because all my attempts with dirt and mildew and algae all fail because it falls of eventually and i need it to last.

2. Default  
    Doc,
    I like the look of airbrush for mildew, just do a few spots of green in a few different shades of green.
    For moss I dip spanish moss in colored latex (green or light green) and normally add velcro to the bottom of the patch so I can remove it for washing.
    Belt sanders give a good aged look and I use spray paint alot instead of actual dirt.
    Good luck with it,
    Allen H

3. Default  
    Thank you Allen! Always pull through, i tried the moss idea it works great.
    And thanks for the tip with the sander.
    Its coming together real well!
    Thanks again
    -Dr. G.

Thread Information