HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Building of a Trailer Haunt

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Raycliff Manor Guest
    That is awesome news Gary! What a great way to start 2007! Keep us posted on the progress. It's always exciting to see an entrepreneurial success story unfold! :wink:

Kel

2. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    Man '07 is starting out great for you. If you have a good halloween this year maybe your landlord will trade you rent for part of the take.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

3. Default  
    Uh, trust me, the generator is NOT something to be lost. Inf act, he may have to chain the TRAILERS to the generator! (it is an old World war 2 vintage, was still gassed up when I got it and it really sunk the flatbed I brought it down in, I figure it weighs 9-10,000 pounds. But yup, it has a better home with Midnight Evil. I won't declare exactly what the trade was for, but when the process is complete, it is for something for ALL haunters.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

4. Default  
    You got it? 55 gallon drums of chocolate pudding for the haunters retirement home?

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

5. Default  
    offers Greg some pudding
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

6. Default  
    Hay, shouldn't this crap have been in a refrigerator or something? Pthew!

My retirement plan sucks.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

7. Default  
    Is running a generator going to be more costly than normal? Depending on the times, of course

Just curious

8. Default  
    Generators end up being more expensive than permanent hookups, The over all cost in this case is very little compared to the expense of paying for an electric run and seperate transformer installation 300 feet back on somebody else's property.

I'm sure the landlord has way back in the cockles of his mind that somehow having a haunt there will up grade his facilities and he gets to inherit what ever improvements. Sure, it could be here!

Say you spent $30 a night on fuel, it would cost $450 over the course of 15 nights? fewer nights, less money. But ultimately something set up in trailers can move any time it wants and get to a better and better location and not leave behind $1200 in hookup development at each place.

For general building, I would consider smaller generators and have those as a back up if need be when the season arrives. Smaller ones will run all day long on 2 tanks of fuel, in this day and age $5 a day? That big one will run a haut fine and hardly crank up but fuel consumprion is a function of engine displacement (how many cubic inches of engine) It looks like a militar issue so it is good for about 6 miles per gallon, a gallon per hour or 6 to 8 gallons per night.

I have seen haunts running on two small ones, all to avoid donating to the landlord whereas, the smart landlord would develop the property for you, trying to keep that monthly money coming in.

Alas over time, landlords look at all that open space and invite more and more similar storage opportunities and then things are in your way and it is time to move.

9. Default  
    For the trailers, are we talking about cutting holes in the sides and things like that, or are you trying to leave them as un-manipulated as possible?

10. Default  
    You have to cut emergency exits into the sides of the trailers.
    Kevin
    Sleepy Hollow Productions, LLC / Folklore Haunted House

Thread Information