HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Last Ride Coffin Simulator...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Default Last Ride Coffin Simulator... 
    Hello all!
    I just wanted to ask those that have this (or another version) what you think?
    I know Haunted Enterprises sells one and have heard rumors of another company having it but cannot find any info on it.
    Last year at MHC we got a flier for it but he didn't have one to try at the show.
    We try to be very careful about purchases and are just considering this for this year or next.
    There isn't a lot of info on it online (a few youtubes/articles) but not riding it myself, it's hard to tell.
    You can PM me if you don't want to *spoil* details here on the forums!
    Thanks everyone!

Kirk
    DARK DOMAIN HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.darkdomainhauntedhouse.com

2. Default Kirk 
    Your right Haunted Enterprises has one. I seen it a few years back and they have made it even better now with the addition of smells from sinister scents. I purchased one at TW this year. I would say give it a try I am thinking it will be a good money maker! Shane and its $3.00 per ride! Shane this time!!

3. Default  
    Its quite a ride. I like the track with the speeding hearse and all but I think an old horse drawn hearse would be cooler. And more gothic. I think if I had one I would want to set up a camera inside with an outside monitor so people could see the reactions on the persons face in it. The smells are neat but really almost run you out by the end. I guess there might be a way to adjust them. Its a bumpy, shakey ride for sure. I would put a warning for people w/ lower back pain ect not to ride in it. Just for safetys sake.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

4. Default  
    You can get it all set up with a camera inside.
    It just was not hooked up at TW

If you freak out and need to stop it when your inside
    you just open lid and it stops.
    Gary
    Midnight Evil Productions
    www.MidnightEvil.com
    Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
    www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

5. Default  
    Cool I didnt know they had that option. Then its a great buy.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

6. Default  
    i think they were throwing in the camera if you
    ordered at TW
    Even if they weren't it's still a good deal.
    Gary
    Midnight Evil Productions
    www.MidnightEvil.com
    Owner/Operator of www.CoffinCreek.com/
    www.Twitter.com/CoffinCreek

7. Default  
    Is there a big 'punch' to the end.
    The smells sound neat.
    I heard about one that had a face light up or bug attack?

Kirk
    DARK DOMAIN HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.darkdomainhauntedhouse.com

8. Default  
    We purchased one at TW last year. Our thought was to take it to fairs/carnivals to promote the haunt. We had a problem with the initial shipment and when we got the coffin it was damaged. Called HE and they sent us another top. Once getting it, it was in worse condition than the first. Problem we found was that they were using seconds (from over seas) and the wood was damaged in several places. Some other issues arose throughout and still exist (PM me for further details). I will say that eventually they took care of us with some refund, but we did not find that people were as thrilled with it as we thought. Most didn't want to "get in a coffin before their time".

We have the camera inside ours and the kids love to watch others. I don't feel that it was worth the hassle or money, but it could simply be our area that doesn't support this type of ride.

Just a side note, we do not have the scents in ours, that is something new for this year that they didn't offer before.

Just our experience with the ride.

9. Default  
    A haunt I went to this year had one and I thought it was awesome, very unique. Unfortunately I'm a special case, and apparently it didn't work out great for them. They initially charged $10 per ride, but when I visited later in the season the price had dropped to 2 or 3 dollars per ride, as they were trying to get more people to try it. In talking to them after the season, they said that more people claimed to be claustrophobic than they had anticipated and it wasn't nearly as successful as they'd hoped. They are not offering it this season. Also, when I went through it, the line was made up of mostly macho guys who wanted to prove they could do it. This just limits the demographic of people who will go through it. The ride itself is very cool though.

I believe Tony at Spookywoods has 1 of 2 of them, maybe he can share some of his experiences with it.

Hope that helps
    Mike Quill
    Fear Town Haunted House

10. Default  
    There was one set up next to the waiting line to a haunted house I visited this year, while there were probably several hundred people in line I only saw one person ride the coffin (the haunt charged $3 per ride, Im pretty sure) the entire hour and a half I was waiting inside. Maybe this could work for someone as a sort of combo package/ticket deal with a haunted house ticket?
    I bought all of the props for my Haunted Graveyard this year with the $600 in FREE AMAZON GIFTCARDS I got for searching Google with this site!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PrettyGood

Thread Information