HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Fear Of The Supernatural

1. Default Fear Of The Supernatural 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Is a real and unending situation for many.
    If someone is afraid, even phobic of say, spiders, clowns, snakes, all that they have to do to make their life calmer and happier is to avoid these easily recognisable things, stay away from where they would normally be found..but the supernatural?
    They can be anywhere, everywhere! In your home, at your workplace, in the middle of a park.
    So with this all said, do you really want to possibly scare and upset any customer that much in this deeply personal way?
    It's sort of like or can be similair to messing with someone's religious beliefs and going there is not usually a positive thing in the end. How many millions have been tortured and killed because of different religious ideas?
    Many believe that all supernatural items are of satan and should be treated as such. I point out to some who think this that there are many incidents involving a ghost of a recently deceased whose appearance had a positive and calming influence for the family.
    I never advise anyone to seek out any spirit (or is it a demon?) using any ritual or Oui-Ja boards because I have heard and read way too many bad and scary experiences generated from such things.
    The majority of "Haunted House" patrons may jump, scream, run, fall down in abject fear from an actor or display but they immeadiately know in at least some portion of their mind that that is what it is and nothing more. With a supernatural event the logical mind hits confusion and the brain's wires feel crossed trying to come to terms with what they feel might have happened.
    None of this is good or desirable in a paying customer unless they are the type of personality that can handle such unknowns, unknowns with no final definition or explanation an open-ended question with mortality, their own, brought up and then pondered, also not a desirable thing in many people.
    The biggest "Boogie Man" in this life is the certainty of our own demise and the circumstances awaiting us on that moment. How much pain, discomfort and sheer terror await us?
    Isn't most of Halloween type entertainment poking fun at this ?
    The actual supernatural is not a humorus thing, it is at best an intellectual exercise with no final answer, until we are final.
    People put their fears in this area in a certain place using their religion or faith in science to figure it all out someday with actual provable answers.
    Many can not begin to find their own comfort zone reguarding such questions.
    When I was trying to buy this house many elderly people in town told me not to buy it because it was "Haunted". At that time in my life I had no experiences with such things and didn't even consier them much at all. Living here for over 20 years has changed my concepts all through my personal experiences. Some of the things that have happened here seem to almost begin to make some sort of logical sense fitting together to have a greater meaning or something..and then they don't.
    I still approach it with an open mind and work to make sure I know the limits and range of what I am capable of merely imagining and disguard any of those events.
    Not all of the things that I have experienced here were only experienced by me, there were others seeing and hearing them too.
    This type of event makes those items more real and also more mysterious and I'm still trying to figure it all out.

2. Default So do you believe? 
    Or I guess a better way to put it is do you Know that there are things that happen supernaturally?

3. Default  
    You know what amazes me and I get a kick out of it. Is like the Ghost Hunters show how they are all these fearless people searching for the paranormal. But they get spooked by the smallest things like a bat or a spider ect.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

4. Default Explanations are lacking..so.. 
    The term "Supernatural" comes to mind untill something else can be found to give the credit.
    When you mention something while standing in one room then the object turns itself on in the next room or when you think of something and then it happens can such things be just coincidences? Or might there be another intelligence at work? One we can't see or hear that might breathe a different substance speak a quieter language?
    My house does have it's own ghostly list of occurrences, name calling, touches,hair pulling, singing , kisses across the forehead and apparitions and still more things, but I am very tired right now....

5. Default  
    Jim are you still talking about supernatural experiences here? Name calling and hair pulling? You son of a *****! Sounds like one of my ex's coming back to get me in a nightmare. Help! LOL!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

6. Default Now We All Know. 
    Where your pubic hair dissappeared to!
    (it was a burning discussion in chat one night! (But how would they know?
    Do you share a shower room with some of these guys here? In a "Jockular" way of course.
    Hairs on heads(end of neck up-from-shoulders heads) get messed with here by unseen forces.
    I call them "Special Helpers". Invisible, silent, fairly unobtrusive yet still letting you know something just happened and that they are there.
    They scare the hell out of some of my October helpers when they beat them to the scare and the helpers hear the customers talking about what just happened, yet the hired helper didn't get there in time, so the special helper did, I guess?

7. Default  
    New Thread Please! End of Discussion!
    Thankyou,
    Damon
    Damon Carson

8. Default ........ 
    ...well how about that gang?
    What do you think?
    Are we done with Damon yet?
    you don't think so?
    You are going to do what?
    He may not like that. You don't care?
    I wash my hands of it all, whatever happens now, whatever you S.P.s do, i'm not in on it.

Watch Out Damon! I think they didn't like something you typed here. guard yourself!
    insert evil laugh here and here and again over there!
    they have you surrounded!

9. Default  
    Ha Ha! Im getting lost here Jim. Did I miss something? Fill me in! My grave is 6ft deep though.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

10. Default I couldn't help it Damon. 
    They all sat on my chest, I couldn't breath, I told them where to find you, they know where you live! (and they know the ruber bands are broke on both of your sling-shots!)

Thread Information