HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Scareside 2009

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by Scareside View Post
    Cons: Smaller space: Garage doors installed call for custom panels to be built (to short for 8'): Facade hard to secure to side of house
    That's a pain we deal with every year, but no has every even noticed. With the garage door we've used that as a shelf if you will to run extension cords across and last year even put a fogger up there.

Don't forget to secure the door for the big night (don't want it coming down on anyone), and if you have an automatic door closer you may want to disconnect it.

Here's what I'm planning for part of my apt and single car garage (exit).

2. Default  
    All of your plans look good so far. There was one thing I noticed though: the rooms don't fit together....yet. I think that if you change your story a bit, they wouldn't have to have physical transitions. For instance, you can put, "Over the course of the years, many patients have passed through the doors of this building, the building that would prove to be the place of their death. For years, the shadows and screams that haunted their minds were the reason for their imprisonment. Now, 78 years later, the creatures and contortions that haunted their minds still roam these halls, but they're all too real. Can you go crazy and come back? Or will it be too much for you? Test your mind at [NAME]!"

Sorry about forgetting to throw in the reason for burning. It wouldn't be too hard, though, for you to take what I wrote and get ideas for your story. You've done a great job so far!
    ~Jon-Kyle Bailey
    Campbellsville, KY

3. Default  
    Thanks for the story idea TCHaunt. I'll definantly incorperate some of that into mine.
    And evilmanor, seeing the tight space work for someone else is good to know.

Just throwing this out there. Has anyone ever had problems with adults not coming in. It seem that I get hundreds of kids and no adults. Kind of reversed from what I thought was going to happen. Should I require at least one adult per group?

4. Default  
    We got a mixture of kids, teens, and adults. Most of the kids that came through had adults come with them, but they were younger. We seemed to get a lot of people that were about 12-18 years old. If you require kids to come through with adults then some might not have an adult with them so then you're loosing customers. I wouldn't require that unless the kids are actually causing trouble.

5. Default  
    Thanks, so at least I'm not the only one.

Also, I need to build some doors. Does anyone have any hints or suggestions on how to build them. Because I've only used basic panels up to here. Tutorials or plans would also help.

6. Default  
    Seems like you are putting a lot of work into it... I can't wait to see the finished product! Make your last scene something gory like body parts hanging down with an electric chainsaw that should do the trick.

Larry

7. Default  
    Yeah, we try but are on a really tight budget. We have already started construction on basic structure (a.k.a new panels) but no painting or prop building yet. Also some electronic components are done that are going to be controlling the lighting and preshow.

What I'm actually most worried about is getting people to come and see it. I live in the back of a neighborhood. HERE.
    Attached Images

8. Default  
    It seems like you will have quite the show if all gos well but, keep a focus on actor organization which is what almost killed my show last year.
    Mike Cirrincione
    Executive Producer of:

M&K Workshop
    MAC Productions presents:
    Buffalo Badlands: Tinianna Home of The Tormentor *RIP*
    AND SOON, Pandora's Box!

Skyrotechnic Illuminations
    Pro Fireworks coming 2015

Cyber Saturday - a revolution in light and music
    Coming soon

Black Hole Shows: Buffalo

9. Default Construction Started 
    I know it's not much but the first panel (actually a door one) has been built. Only 2 doors to go, 1 frame, and 12 panels to go.

I also themed a small speaker so it doesn't have have to be hidden, plus it looks awesome anyways.
    Attached Images

10. Default garage haunt 
    Sounds like you are on the right track. Everything is coming together well.:grin:
    Scaring the yell out of them
    Owner/operator of

http://www.terrorsofthenight.com haunted house

Thread Information