HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

View Poll Results: What Other subjects would you like to see in the Threads?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Acting Experiences? (Acting)

1 25.00%
  • Room Managing Stage Managing?

1 25.00%
  • Fx Makeup Homemade Recipes(blood,puke)?

0 0%
  • Getting yourself In Shape for the season?

2 50.00%
  • Outdoor Home Yard Haunting?

0 0%

Thread: What Makes a Good Zombie??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Lightbulb What Makes a Good Zombie?? 
    PumpkinGIRL Guest
    What is a Good Zombie? What Makes a Zombie look like a zombie? How do you potray the image as an actor or Actress?

These are a few of the questions I would like answers too.
    I'm putting this up because I think zombies are just made to look cool on t-shirts and in movies nowa days. I think there whole ripping guts out and devoring the guts has been lost. What does Every else think? Please put your views on this too thanks.

2. Default  
    I think a good zombie starts with a good costume: something tattered and aged, that simply looks nasty. I really don't like when people do zombies and their attire looks clean.

Makeup: Depending on the "age" of the zombie (freshly turned, decaying, etc) the level of rot and decay in the makeup varies. The makeup needs to cover all skin that is exposed (neck, shoulders, arms, legs, etc) for a consistant look.

Acting: I'm a fan of the slower, classic "Night of the Living Dead" zombie, where they lurch and their limbs don't seem to work well together. I like to get intestines from the grocery store and use those as props for the zombies to fight over and "eat."
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

3. Default  
    I like zombies but they really arent scary. They need to run and attack fast in a haunted house. The only way your gonna scare anyone other than that as a zombie is a quick startle scare or sometype of distraction scare. But Im a fan of the slower moving zombies in movies.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

4. Default  
    I agree that the slower zombies aren't that scary, but they are a great distraction. Having packs ofthem wander around outside a haunt and in the que line really helps set the mood too, since they are a bit creepy.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

5. Smile zombies 
    PumpkinGIRL Guest
    I think all of your answers To The questions are good. Please Keep more answers Comming in for this Post and Please Please Vote On The Poll Above The Page So I can make more Posts up Thanks Everyone Happy HAunting

6. Default "What Makes A Good Zombie?" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Your parents ignoring you and your brother as you both sit in a puddle in the barnyard playing with a hammer, taking turns hitting each other on the head with it. My best friend and neighbor Mike worked for this farmer when he was a kid and that is what he saw happening there.
    Well I guess when you have 11 kids you can't watch them all ,all the time?
    As far as the speed of a scare, I think some scares are too quick to actually be milked for their full potential. "Anti-ci-pa-tion" Remember that? A very good piece or part of a memorable scare.
    I found out one of my best scares was happening too quickly, it was over with and the customer's mind identified it and classified it , regulating it into the memory dump bin before it was a second old.
    I think the customer's mind often needs the 2 seconds to wonder, "What the Hell Is THAT?" and time to realse THEY DON"T KNOW!!! Confusion and ignorance lead to fear, now don't they?
    "What was that I just saw? Was that a real person or a display dummy? Was that spider real? Did it move or not?" See what I mean?
    Of course pnuematics are often very guilty of being too fast for maximum effect, the scare is over before it makes confusion or can begin the process of identifying it so the brain just passes by it.
    The whole "Too Quick" thing is like someone standing around a corner and swinging a baseball bat smacking you on the head, you didn't see it coming, versus the person stepping around the corner, you see them, you see the bat in their hand, they call you a nasty name like "Jim", THEN they swing it!

7. Default  
    Another thing that would make a good zombie is not living on the brains or flesh of the living. Maybe a vegetarian zombie. Or maybe one that would maybe clean up himself and maybe get a fresh change of clothes. Or maybe try to walk or situp straight. Pull your chair up to the table and wipe your chin off while your eating zombie! For Gods Sake!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

8. Default  
    In one word... What makes a good zombie?

Irony.

You're welcome.
    To look meant danger, to smile meant death!

9. Default  

10. Default  
    what makes a good zombie? the understanding of the human anatomy , body language, and most of all? BRAIIINS

Thread Information