HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: My Pneumatic Animatronic Character

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Default Tig Welder 
    For you guys on a budget looking for a TIG welder. Harbor freight offers one that works pretty well. You have to buy a bottle and the gauge but it is on sale usually for $199. It is a small red arc/tig welder that comes with all the cables needed to do both types of welding. I have one and it works very good. They offer 2 types so make sure you get the one that comes with the cables.
    Greg
    Fearfest

2. Default  
    Here are some more photos of the current project, I had some free time to work on it today.
    Attached Images

3. Default  
    Here are some more photos of the current project.
    Attached Images

4. Default motion base 
    wow 250 grand? why so much? We will have a 6 dof base for under 10 with full motion and galil motion control

5. Default  
    This motion base stands 6 foot tall and about 12 foot wide, the cylinders are huge and have magnetic strips to detect where the cylinder is positioned, thus motion base also has a hydraulic run turn table on top, the cylinders on this beast cost nearly 5k a piece, they were all custom made. cylinder and also angle up to a 10 degree slope, very steep. This motion base can withstand a few hundred thousand lbs on it and cylinders will actuate full length in less than a second, they have huge 5 gallon hydraulic fluid accumulaters at the bottom to make them so fast. Even has specially made software. This isn't a simple Halloween motion base this is for full blown movie use built with the finest machined parts.

-Frank Balzer
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 05-27-2009 at 12:35 AM.

6. Default motion base 
    hmm...wow...seems a bit like overkill to me lol...not doggn on it at all...just crazyness...ours can withstand about 30k lbs and precise movement control as well, accleration, etc etc..blah blah...Also custom ride software was made as well..to suit my needs(im very picky haha) not a simple halloween simulator at all either...no 6 dof controlled simulator is simple...in my opinion...but would be interesting to see what cabin they put on it, I love to see what people come up with...ours has no cabin just seating...similiar to what a universal studios 4d attraction would be like...

7. Default  
    Ill agree its a bit overkill. But that's what the owner of the shop I work at wants... Just got shipped out yesterday, the Gov had bought it, so I find out today, that's prob why its so overkill. Anyways, I am curious about your base, you have photos of it? Hydraulic or pneumatic?

8. Default  
    Here are some more updated photos of the project I had only 1 hour today to work on it so I just welded it up a bit more.

9. Default  
    Here is a photo of the cylinders how they will control the wing mechanism. These cylinders will give it lots of movement. I have also ordered 6 large eyes that, 3 will go on either side of the wing. These eyes will have 3 servos on them a piece. They will look left to right up and down, then blink. Also shown is a rough 1 hour hand sculpture out of nsp none sulfur clay, for the pneumatic/animatronic prop. I did not like it so I will redo it with 5 fingers instead of 3 and take more time to have more realistic skin texture. Hands will later be cast in silicone.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 05-28-2009 at 04:30 PM.

10. Default  
    Here are some photos of the wing mechanism that I have done, its a quick demo. I do not like it! I feel it does not have enough movement for what I want so I will Rebuild it!! I believe it is also too bulky to mount animatronic eyes on it!

-Frank Balzer
    Attached Images

Thread Information