HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: My Pneumatic Animatronic Character

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    More photos await thee!! that small cylinder when mounted will allow the head to turn left to right. If it was a double ended one, if I had one, it would allow, if mounted properly, the head to be left right or center. I will most likely spring mount the cylinder to have the head go to center position when there is no air in the cylinder. The thing with double ended cylinders is that they require another solenoid for use but it will center the prop when used right.

-Frank balzer
    Attached Images
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 06-09-2009 at 06:05 PM.

2. Default  
    Here are a few more photos.

-Frank Balzer
    Attached Images

3. Default  
    Here are 3 Photos of the way the head can tilt and bend by using this set up can move many other ways to and steeper angles.
    Attached Images

4. Default  
    Also Got a battle wound today, a hot rod went into my hand. Not one of the cars! But a rod that was around 600 degrees. It does not hurt but now I have no feeling there. I advise against using your palm to push a Scalding hot rod into a flange berring, specially if you have the lack of ability to think like me. Also shown it a Battle wound from last year when I was Building the Reign Of Terror Facade. I cut the whole tip of my finger off.....Boy I am wreckless, I need to slow DOWN!

Frank Balzer
    Attached Images

5. Default  
    26 pneumatic cylinders are on this prop if you count the Doubled neck ones a two a piece..... I Just ordered 16 eyes that will be used on the wings and the pair for the head. I am doing some research now on the servos. I Found some mini ones that I think Will work good. I am also looking for a controller that will work for this. I think TWO Parrallax 16 servo ones linked up will do it for me. I have a Question though........

ARE YOU ABLE TO HOOK UP SERVOS AND SOLENOIDS TO THIS TYPE OF CONTROLLER?

Thank you
    -Frank Balzer

(I'm emailing company too.)

6. Default  
    Had a few minutes today to weld after helping out for the show Ghost whisperer. So I attached The cylinders for the parallelograms on the leg. This gives the legs a little movement/Sway. I tested them and they work like a charm. Also Shown for the parallelogram, a triangle welded to give the cylinder more strength, for the large amount of weight pressing down. Hope the weld holds, flaws in it.

-Frank Balzer
    Attached Images
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 06-18-2009 at 09:33 PM.

7. Default  
    Here are some photos of the eyes for the wings and the head, They will all be animated to blink, move right, left, up and down.

-Frank Balzer
    Attached Images

8. Default  
    Been a while. I have been in the process of moving out to my new Bachelor pad. Now have a little makeup shop photo shown of new space is 1/4 part of the shed *Laundry room, the rest behind the wall to the left is storage. There are also some photos of the mold of my head and being made into a resin skull for the animatronics.

-Frank Balzer

9. Default  
    Here are photos of the resin head on the prop making sure it fits. Also Horns in the process of being casted into resin, and finally a picture of Wasted resin. Will use for mounting brackets of servos once cut into disks.

10. Default  
    Here are photos of the teeth in place on the resin head. a photos of the lip wire mechanism, and the start of the eye mechanism, more photos of eye mechanism will come tomorrow... hopefully

-Frank Balzer

Thread Information