HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: My Pneumatic Animatronic Character

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
  1. Default  
    Here is a photo of the demon head. I have only sculpted for about 2 hours, its a rough. Detail will be added later. First sculpt I have done....well 2nd if you count the hand demo I did. Will be cast into a silicone slip mask.

-Frank Balzer
    Attached Images
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 07-09-2009 at 07:13 PM.

2. Default  
    Mad hatter,
    great thread, very neat seeing the way that you do things, amazing how people can operate differently and still get great results. Some of those pics scare me! Like the one of the pulled under skull and you are in the shop barefoot. I used to do that, but ya kick a plaster mold edge with your pinky toe just once and I was cured of that bad habbit.
    Once again, great (and prolific) work. are you on theeffectslab.com ? Its a great site and their animatronics forum could use your frequency of posts.
    Allen H

3. Default  
    I couldn't agree more with Allen... Great stuff, very interesting to watch unfold -thanks for sharing!!!

4. Default  
    Thank you! I also really like living life on the edge that is why I go bare foot! I Did hurt it the other day in the my shed shop, So I will start wearing shoes now. I wish I read this post earlier, maybe I would have not got hurt. I have been busy so not too many posts lately. Anyways here are some more photos of the eye mechanism, it moves left, right, up, down, and both eyelids blink. Ithere are also photos of the lip wire mechanism. A total of 5 servos control the lips. It will be able to sound out the vowels in the words it says. Mechanisms of head based off Gary's (Willet fx) robots. They were modified to fit my needs. A photo of the sculp again, haven't had much time to work on it More photos will come shortly.

Have been posting of the effects lab too.

-Frank Balzer
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 07-23-2009 at 10:48 PM.

5. Default  
    here are more photos.
    Attached Images

6. Default  
    I have been changing the sculpture up a bit here is how it looks right now. He still looks like a sissy bitch. If this was a real demon he would be picked on by the others. I will make him look more tough over the next week.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 08-03-2009 at 07:12 PM.

7. Default  
    Here are a few update photos. I have been in mass production for the 16 animatronic eyes that go on the demons wings. There is also a photo of the sculpture up to date.

8. Default  
    All I have to say is this this thing is going to be freaking AMZING once completed...
    You're coming right along and I can not WAIT to see how it ends up...
    Truely awesome!

9. Default Amazing!! 
    Just AMAZING!
    How long do you think this whole project is going to take from start to finish?
    And are you building it for your self or a client?

10. Default  
    Well, I hope it turns out fine and works.....I also do not know how much time I have spent on him. I have been working on him on and off for 3 months. I work on him when I am not helping with pyro and rigging stuff.

I am building him for myself. He will be used and my Friend Bruce's haunted house, The Reign Of Terror, this is his 10th year. www.evilislurking.com .

Here are are some more photos. One is of the Eyes animatronics up to date, I put the eyelids on them. The other was a practical joke the guys in the shop played on me. I did not notice the sign on my welding jacket till the end of the day..... Old Bastards!

-Frank Balzer
    FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com
    www.EvilIsLurking.com

Thread Information