HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: My Pneumatic Animatronic Character

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
  1. Default  
    I had time to attach the 16 eyes on the wings today. Shown photos shown of it. I broke one of the eye mech's when I dropped it and will need to fix it. Animatronics on this guy are basically done I just have some finessing to do and then I need to attach the skin on this demon.

Frank Balzer
    FrankWillisBalzer@yahoo.com

2. Default  
    Here are some more photos. also, each eye on the wings can be individually controlled so I can have them move independently from each other, have each one chase each other, and have them blink individually. 48 servos worth of eyes for the wings..... oh the possibility!

Frank Balzer

3. Default  
    Today I painted the steel on the upper torso and wings.... I also fixed the broken eye mechanism... and tightened alot of the bolts and nuts down....
    I painted it black, I should have painted it rustoleum red, or something bright just to jazz it up a bit! I have also been making alot of servo extension wires 20-25 feet lengths. These are a pain in the ass to make! So tedious!

-Frank Balzer

4. Default  
    Who's shop are you using?

5. Default  
    www.R-Fx.com

I am using John Grays shop. He does special effects for mainly Tv. Ghostwisperer, captain cooks extraordinary atlas (2010 Release), The line, CsI, House, and so on. He also owns SnowBusiness hollywood and does snow for big feature films like, star trek, Narnia, Pirates, Day after tomorrow Etc. Snow Buisness will hopefully be doing snow for my friends and my haunted attraction I need to talk to him about freezing a meat locker. http://www.snowbusinesshollywood.com/gallery.htm
    Last edited by The Mad Hatter; 09-16-2009 at 07:34 PM.

6. Default  
    looks like the demon from hell boy two.

Any new updated pics.

Looks great!

Pete
    Attached Images

7. Default  
    Outstanding work. Is it finished? I can't wait to see video.
    Brett Hays, Director
    Fear Fair
    www.fearfair.com

8. Default  
    Project has been Officially Scrapped for this year. I will have to finish it up in 2010. I have bitten off more than I can chew! I have run into a few problems trying to program this guy. It is taking longer than I though. I really did not realize the full extent of completing a project like this. Props for you guys that do this for a living!....... It is interesting when you get to a point and realize that you cant pull something off, even though things were going so good.... The feeling of disappointment and frustration......Failure.

-Frank Balzer

9. Default  
    Don't feel too bad. That was a huge undertaking and you have done some incredible things with it so far. Now you have 11 months to finish it and perfect it.

10. Default  
    i have to agree, you shouldnt feel bad at all, this beast already has more axis of controll than ive seen in any of the animations offered by any of the vendors, and its your first go at building something like this. way to go man.

Thread Information