HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: HELP! Need input/suggestions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    HauntYourHouse.net/House of Shadows/Sparta Wisconsin
    I totally agree with everything greg has mentioned. The other guys brought up some very valid points as well.

If in deed you deside to persue this place, and the bank would let you use it, and probably at a reasonable price, that would be great for the scouts. Nice thing if it ends up not being the place you want, you can pretty much walk away from it.

However, if you do like the place and continue to use it from one year to the next without a buyer coming in, its quite possible that the bank could hand it over to you guys.

It almost doesnt seem possible, but thats exactly how our haunt (House of Shadows by the Boys & Girls Club) acquired the building we use. Our building was once an infirmery for the Wisconsin State Child Center. After our building was closed down due to being so far out of code, and the extremely high costs to renivate, the bank let us use the building for a couple of years and then eventually gave it to us.

Kelly Anderson
    HauntYourHouse.NET

2. Default  
    Thank you all for the suggestions. Unfortunately, before I could even find out who the bank was that was holding the mortgage on the house, someone came in and bought it. Guess it wasn't meant to be but it sure was a great set-up. I have asked around with regard to property where we could set up an outside haunt, but no one around here seems to be too interested. And I do have an issue with the outside haunt because I do have many props that should not be out in the weather. Stuck between the proverbial rock and the hard place!!! If anyone has any other suggestions please feel free to let me know. Thanks!

3. Default  
    On a Nightline ABC report, sale of homes in Arizona, Investors come in representing a number of partners and basically pay cash for property and as such do not have to get the inspections, see the real estate people, talk to the bank or anything while the average public no matter what the offer is are ignored because they are seeking financing.

Seeking financing even pre approved amounts to bargain that will be a loan are having to only deal with property that is ready to move in whereas the investor can take a property that has been vandalized and stripped because it is a cash transaction, no questions, no liabitily.

In some other deals I learned you can just buy the note for the full amount at the bank on a property. However, usually it is the bank presidents and vice presidents that are taking these opportunities and even those with big cash are put through the mill rather than give up a deal in lots of cases. This is where the long period of time allowing use by the community comes in. The bank presidents are able to maintain their little project until they can secure the funds, they just keep floating the paper. Unless the taxes get behind too much.

It is very hard to get the straight story on any piece of property. Real Estate people aren't any better plugged in than the general public beyond having a list of where the properties are and what places might be accepting applications for financing. You have to be able to know how to read an opportunity and who to weasel.

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Thread Information