HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: how to make a graveyard scary

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default  
    I always see (in haunts) things popping out of the ground in grave yards. I never see things being pulled under (the ground). Perhaps you can set up some kind of rig that pulls tombstones down into the ground? Perhaps an actor dressed like a zombie can pull another actor (dressed "normally") into the ground?

2. Default  
    You say an easy room to build? Not if you want it effective. Set the scene with fog and moss hanging from the ceiling. Of course the tomb stones, lighting and music. But then have a platform attached to the ceiling for an actor to lower and grab at the patrons. Just bending down at them and raising back up again would get them. The patrons are looking down, not up (in most cases). You asked for some non cliche, there you go. But as Dr Giggles mentioned previously, the actor makes ANY scene... if it's in their blood LOL.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Floor8Horror View Post
    I want to have a graveyard as part of my haunt because it is such an easy "room" to build. But just a graveyard is not very scary. I first thought of having an actor jump from behind a grave but this is very cliche, I need NEW, fresh ideas. How can I use actors and such to make a graveyard scary in a NEW way? Any ideas would be great.
    Tom
    Creator of the Dungeon
    WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

3. Default  
    Cool idea, Tom! My natural impulse is always to look down, to try to read the words on the tombstones... I'm definitely not looking at the ceiling.

-Todd

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    You say an easy room to build? Not if you want it effective. Set the scene with fog and moss hanging from the ceiling. Of course the tomb stones, lighting and music. But then have a platform attached to the ceiling for an actor to lower and grab at the patrons. Just bending down at them and raising back up again would get them. The patrons are looking down, not up (in most cases). You asked for some non cliche, there you go. But as Dr Giggles mentioned previously, the actor makes ANY scene... if it's in their blood LOL.

Tom

4. Default I have decided 
    I think we are going to set up just the front of a crypt to help "set" the scene and because we already have the front of a crypt build. IN one part of the graveyard very close to where the patrons walk we are going to set up a funeral scene. We are going to have a priest, casket, and a gathering of people mourning. All fake. Then on the other side (we are hoping to distract the patrons very good with the funeral scene) we are going to have a scarer "break" from a grave and scare the patrons. I just hope that they get distracted by the funeral scene enough to get them good. Thanks for all the ideas.
    Mr. Horror
    The Eighth Floor of Hell

5. Default drop down window/picture 
    Sounds good. And what if you put in a drop down window/picture in one of those scenes that an actor could pull down and reach out at the patrons. We have 2 of those types scares and it works every time. Maybe have an old picture of someone in the funeral room and as the actor pulls down the picture and reaches out, it scares them to the graveyard and get them again?
    Just a thought.
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Floor8Horror View Post
    I think we are going to set up just the front of a crypt to help "set" the scene and because we already have the front of a crypt build. IN one part of the graveyard very close to where the patrons walk we are going to set up a funeral scene. We are going to have a priest, casket, and a gathering of people mourning. All fake. Then on the other side (we are hoping to distract the patrons very good with the funeral scene) we are going to have a scarer "break" from a grave and scare the patrons. I just hope that they get distracted by the funeral scene enough to get them good. Thanks for all the ideas.
    Tom
    Creator of the Dungeon
    WWW.BRICKTOWNAMUSEMENT.COM

6. Default We are using those 
    We built 2 of those 3 years ago and have used them as pictures and last as guillotines. This year we are going to convert them to be able to be used as a chalkboard scare at the end.
    Mr. Horror
    The Eighth Floor of Hell

Thread Information