HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Your Feedback Requested...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great question / debate Kel.

I believe 50% is actors, que line and costume/make up.
    Another 30% for storyline - cohesive flow/theming - decor - atmosfear
    and the other 20% is all the other elements in my opinion...

Good debate/question

2. Default  
    Wow! Great responses! I appreciate all the participation in this thread. It really helps to gain a broader perspective. I was glad to see Actors brought up too. I should have definitely had Actors on my starter list! Without our Actors, the life blood of our attraction, all the rest would be in vain.

Chris, we are incorporating the steampunk look and feel into our new attraction because it lends itself well to really cool set design and the Victorian era. We're still working on exactly how it will be incorporated and what the sets will look like. Thanks for the suggestions Tyler!

Back to the larger question though, I'm going to start another "spin off" of this thread thread with a more specific direction regarding providing "perceived value". This time I want to address the "First Impression" for arriving guests. Anyone else with thoughts on this topic, please share!

Kel

Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

3. Default  
    A first impression of a customer just pulling into your parking lot and choosing your haunt over another could more than possibly cost you some money. I guess it starts with your advertising. If you have a well produced radio commercial thats gonna get people to your door. Then the next step is getting them through your door. Good well lit signage is a must. The inflatable facades that Distortions make are impressive and can really draw attention. They definately can give a good first impression and dress up your building. But how many seasons would it take to pay for it if you live in a smaller town??? Proper trained staff in the parking lot who speak well and can answer any questions a person may ask. And there appearance with a t-shirt with your haunt on it helps them know they are apart of the attraction. I think a themed que line/ ticket booth is also a good idea. You definately need queline entertainment as well w only some of your best actors. Anything gothic on the outside of your building I think helps a first appearance as well. The Edge of Hell in Kansas City looks awesome on the outside. They have large Gargoyles on top of there building, and victorian looking lamp posts with dragon heads and a cool red awning with Edge of Hell on it. Alot of this Im sure you know but I think all of this helps with a good first impression.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

4. Default  
    A first impression of a customer just pulling into your parking lot and choosing your haunt over another could more than possibly cost you some money. I guess it starts with your advertising. If you have a well produced radio commercial thats gonna get people to your door. Then the next step is getting them through your door. Good well lit signage is a must. The inflatable facades that Distortions make are impressive and can really draw attention. They definately can give a good first impression and dress up your building. But how many seasons would it take to pay for it if you live in a smaller town??? Proper trained staff in the parking lot who speak well and can answer any questions a person may ask. And there appearance with a t-shirt with your haunt on it helps them know they are apart of the attraction. I think a themed que line/ ticket booth is also a good idea. You definately need queline entertainment as well w only some of your best actors. Anything gothic on the outside of your building I think helps a first appearance as well. The Edge of Hell in Kansas City looks awesome on the outside. They have large Gargoyles on top of there building, and victorian looking lamp posts with dragon heads and a cool red awning with Edge of Hell on it. Alot of this Im sure you know but I think all of this helps with a good first impression.
    Damon
    Damon Carson

5. Default  
    Well-trained actors, hands down. you can have the best scenic designs, animatronics, fog machines, sounds, props, and everything else but if you don't have good actors, it's not the same.

Thread Information