HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: A "Haunted" Haunted House?

Hybrid View

1. Default A "Haunted" Haunted House? 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 06-22-2009 at 11:49 PM. Reason: satan

2. Default  
    Im not sure what that post was but it made me think of 13th Floor Haunted House in Denver, CO. The swear the haunted house is really haunted and actually had ghost hunters check it out last month! I believe they are doing a TV show on it, I will post future date if it happen

3. Default  
    I believe that there hasnt been a post here for so long Jim got temporarely possessed. Beelzebub took over and made him type it. LOL!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

4. Exclamation RE" A "Haunted" "Haunted House? 
    While we've had our share of odd things happening or weird little technical quirks in the beginning, we'd never really paid much attention to them until the past two years, when things began to get REALLY strange.

In our backstory for The Baxter Avenue Morgue, my character, Warren, murdered his own father on Friday, October 3rd, 1932, when he discovered the experiments that Warren had been conducting on the remains of the loved ones that had been entrusted to the morgue for thier final arrangements. Last year, October 3rd fell on a Friday and the members of what I like to refer to as our "24/7 cast" kicked things up a notch.

Sound effects speakers began randomnly kicking out when there was no apparent technical reason for doing so. Cast members reported seeing a shadowy figure peeking at them from around corners and when they went to check on who it was, found no one there. And in the two most startling incidents, our demented coroner "Dr. Blood" was lifted several inches off the floor (this was witnessed by six other cast members) and shoved against an old refrigerator used in one scene, and one of our wildest characters, "Pongo" (half-man, half-dog, all crazy) was preparing to climb atop a crate in a darkened hallway to hide for when the next group of customers came through, when he glanced up and saw a pale, expressionless face staring back down at him from the rafters. This scared HIM so badly that he ran out into our dressing room area and it took 45 minutes for our executive director to convince him not to quit.

A local group, Louisville Paranormal Investigations (www.louisvilleparanormalinvestigations.com) has been studying the Morgue for the past year now and have captured numerous EVPs (inlcuding a couple that have mentioned yours truly by my GIVEN name, not my character!) as well as digital photos of some full body apparitions, ectoplasmic globs and figures standing in the background in scenes where NO ONE was at at the time. At this time, they've been able to determine that we're currently haunted by five resident spectres, a bad-tempered male and four females, as well as a small child (seen peeking over the edge of a gurney in a recent digital photo) and the squat, shadowy figure known by the staff members as "The Gremlin", who enjoys playing peek-a-boo and making small props disappear briefly, only to have them suddenly return minutes later. LPI also has reason to believe that since we're located just down the street from two of Louisville's largest and oldest cemeteries, that some of our ghostly visitors may just be dropping in for a brief visit, just to see what's going on ...
    "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

5. Default October Is "The Time" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    When the frequency of strange stuff increases, usually.
    Is part of it just people's minds turning more final and morbid with so much of nature going dead around us?
    Mechanically measured time and solar kept time are at their maximum odds with one another on October 31st. What does this tell us?
    Time warp? Two worlds getting a peek at one another?
    Maybe gravity has a huge influence upon keeping these worlds inplace and it fails slightly as the earth spins and tips?

6. Default RE: A "Haunted" Haunted House? 
    The head of Louisville Paranormal Investigations has told me that due to the fact that spiritual entities tend to create an electrical disturbance when they appear (hence the "tingling" feeling that some people experience in haunted locales) they in turn feed off of atmospheric electricity generated by impending thunderstorms or will drain the power from camera batteries and recording devices. I've personally sat in on a few investigative sessions where freshly charged batteries would be placed in a camera, only to have it go totally dead mere minutes later.
    "We all go a little mad sometimes..."

- Norman Bates

Thread Information