HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Top 13 Best Haunts 2009

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default Top 13 Best Haunts 2009 
    Who would you nominate for this list and how do you propose to determine this? Last year I did it off a vote from youtube videos?

Time is running out because I'm going to publish a magazine in July.

This list will be printed in that magazine!

If you are going to say it should be XYZ haunt okay... WHY????

I wanted to say that though doing these lists I've found or discovered many new amazing haunts I've never heard of such as Haunted Overlaod, Scarehouse, House of Tourment, 13th Gates... there are many great haunts out there yet to be discovered.

Keep in mind we had the list include or will include: Best Hayrides, Best Corn Mazes, Best Pumpkin Patch Event, Biggest Screamparks, Home Haunts, Theme Parks and Haunted Houses.

Larry

2. Default Nomination 
    I would nominate "Dead Acres" Pataskala Ohio

my reasons are

They are the most extreme

Nearly everything else pales by comparison.

It doesn't get much better than this!

LENGTHLY - good value !

ACTORS - Aggressively intense from start to finish !

SCARINESS - You'll fear for your life! Numerous distractions provided by a boat load of animated props are perfectly capitalized upon by the energetic cast. Very little in the form traditionally spooky music, but the soundtrack is designed to compliment the intense nature of the haunt, which it dramatically accomplishes.

PROPS - Jammed with an overwhelming number of animated scares!

SIMPLY THE BEST EXTREME HAUNT WE HAVE EVER HEARD OF !
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

3. Default  
    Ghostly Manor in Sandusky Ohio!!!
    Best pro haunt.

it flies under the radar, but ive been to soo many haunts and this one is just amazing every time.
    They have to have close to a million dollar into that place.
    Everything is so perfectly automated and timed, it is just the more intense experience i have ever encountered.
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

4. Default  
    I would just start a thread like this, for nominations... maybe even ask for email nominations. Based off that, I would compile a list of 26 haunts (because it will be cut in half for the 13) and then ask people to vote for the FINAL 13 haunts of the nominated 26... that's how I would do it. -Tyler

5. Default  
    I think for the top 13 you should just include all the types of haunts.
    Not just pro, that cuts out screamparks, home haunts, hayrides, ect.
    It people think its the best, and it happens to fall into another category, then they cant get the top 13 status.
    =( unfair.

Also thats how all other ranking systems work.

DO IT LARRY! hahaha
    It would be the smart move, and it would get you more hits, cause it would be more competative.
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

6. Default  
    HoT - House of Torment.

Several reasons.

They have very creative characters.
    Very talented actors.
    And very unique ways to get scares. The Ziplines and hiring people who know par kour and things like that.
    They also have a control center to activate props to get the best scares.
    Always been a fan of this haunt.

Plus i have a man crush on that Mr. Creep guy. Or whoever. :P

7. Default Bates Motel 
    Nuff said.... Probably the best hayride anywhere, extreme corn maze, incredible haunted house... DETAIL DETAIL DETAIL..... Philly area should be proud.. Randy, you rock !!!!! Can't wait to see this years' show. Chuck

8. Default  
    My vote...

Frightworld in Buffalo, New York.

Why...

-5 HUGE haunts at one, indoor location.
    -Haunts are nothing but detail, put ALOT of single haunts to shame.
    -Awesome and high-tech, 2-story waterfall
    -Amazing and truely insane actors!
    -Ron and Jay are nothing but professionals, best in this industry!!!

-Tyler

9. Top 13 Haunts 
    I vote for Fright Kingdom and Haunted Overload...two really great haunts that know how to work together!

Fright Kingdom has hundreds of live Tarantulas and Huge snakes.

Haunted Overload has the largest outdoor props of any haunt I have ever seen.

Fright Kingdom is an all indoor multi attraction event that fills the brand new 50,000+ sq ft space and over 100 animatronics.

Haunted Overload has one of the best outdoor locations ever being located on a huge creepy sprawling farm.

Fright Kingdom has big name horror movie stars onsite every year, past guests include Tony Moran (Micheal Myers Halloween #1), Jason and Grant (TAPS ghost hunters from Sci Fi channel) Tony Todd (Candy Man) Daige Fearch (Young Micheal Myers from Rob Zombies Halloween) Kane Hodder (Jason in many Fri the 13th movies) Butch Patrich (Eddie Munster) George Wilber (Micheal Myers Halloween #4)
    and many more.

Haunted Overload has the most creative props you will ever see...( I have seen REAL chicken feet hanging about for example)

Fright Kingdom and Haunted Overload...no filler just HARDCORE Haunted Attractions.
    Last edited by Hauntsberg; 05-20-2009 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Added more info.

10. Default  
    I think that Nightmare New England should be nominated. I've been going to alot of haunts throughout the years and none of them in New England compare to nightmare new england. Its kinda awesome how amazing they were in their first year. I can't wait to see whats up their sleeves for next year. I was just on their myspace also... which says that Nightmare New England and Spookyworld are joining forces. Which almost made me crap my pants in excitement! So nominate NIGHTMARE NEW ENGLAND!

Thread Information