HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Haunted Attraction Demographics

1. Default Haunted Attraction Demographics 
    Has anyone run across any detailed demographic information for haunted attractions? Haunted House Facts on Hauntworld has some good information, but I'm looking to see if there are any surveys done with more detailed info.

For instance: 18-34 seems to be the targeted demographic, but does anyone know by what percent? Or male/female breakdown? Also looking for average income of a haunted attraction attendee.

Of course these numbers are different from attraction to attraction and from one part of the country to the other.

But any sourced and reliable info out there would be helpful!

Thanks.
    Michael Inks
    Geist Entertainment, Inc.
    www.geistentertainment.com
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

2. Default  
    The Hauntworld numbers are your best bet. There have never been any detailed surveys that were accurate.

Most Haunters do not want to reveil any details because in the past it has come back to bite them in the tail! One survey wanted details, then it was found out the info was being used to determine where someone wanted to put haunts in several states.

On a local level, haunters do not want to release info that can used against them by their competitors.

Unfortunate it's the nature of the business.
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

3. Default Mostly "Female" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 06-22-2009 at 10:19 PM.

4. Default  
    Yes Rich, I was afraid of that. And probably an understandable concern. I suppose I'm as reluctant as anyone to "open my kimono". I think instead of statistics and numbers I can use: "People like scary stuff, trust me." That will work.
    Michael Inks
    Geist Entertainment, Inc.
    www.geistentertainment.com
    "If you can dream it, you can do it." - Walt Disney

5. Default "People like scary stuff?" 
    ++++++++++++++
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 06-22-2009 at 10:29 PM.

6. Default  
    The easiest thing is to quote others. Go to the Haunt Facts link on Hauntworld. If you use any of the info you say "according to Hauntworld..." . There are several YouTubes of Haunts like the Netherworld piece. If there is any quotes you can pull from them add the disclaimer "according to ...." .

Utilizing info this way not only adds an air of authority but it also makes sure that you are never accussed of just "making stuff up". Always be prepared for misinterpretation. Years ago we were on the Vegas Strip. We advertised for and sold booth space to vendors. I quoted the Visitors Board that stated there were over 3 million visitors to Vegas in October. One vendor wanted her money back because she thought I meant there were going to be over 3 million visitors to MY event!!!! Then again she could only do 4 customers an hour and we were open 6 hours night and she based her potential income on 20 customers a night!! You can't fix stupid!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

7. Default 3 Milion A year! 
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    pooky!pooky!
    Last edited by Jim Warfield; 06-22-2009 at 11:24 PM.

Thread Information