HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Attempt Number One

1. Default Attempt Number One 
    Well,

Today I attempted to make an LED spotlight, similar to http://www.cindybob.com/halloween/le...ledspotlights/

I got all the supplies, proper resistors, etc and green 5mm LED's from Radio Shack. Hooked it all up, and I discovered that the 4 LED's put out less light than my cell phone screen! Does anyone know why? Was it the LED's? I'm going to order some more LED's from Preformance PC and see if they work better
    Slash

*PM me if you have any questions*

-If you fail to plan, plan to fail.
    -Don't drink the water in Mexico.
    -America: Love it or Leave it
    -In God We Trust, All Others Are Run Through NCIC
    -Gun Control: Use Two Hands

2. Default  
    You probably didn't get ultrabright LEDs. My radio shack usually doesn't have them.

You can get ultrabrights at :

http://www.allelectronics.com/cgi-bi...trabright.html

-PH

3. Default  
    Eh...I'll stick with incandecsents. The converter you will need to power all your twelve volt will use just as much power as regular lighting. Besides LED's don't hold the power to flood a room. If I want to just spot a small area I prefer a C9 bulb recessed in short piece of PVC. Much easier to construct as well.
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear."
    -H.P. Lovecraft

Thread Information