HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: I quit!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Default  
    Manitowoc Wisconsin www.nightmarefactoryhaunt.com
    I respect that you are feeling as strongly as you do. However, I often wonder how many people attend a haunt like this and are converted vrs turned off by having religion crammed down their throats. I think a "hellhaunt" could be a great way of converting people, but it would have to be done VERY VERY VERY well to avoid coming across as lame and annoying more than it converts. Instead of creating a haunt like that, how about continuing to work in the haunt industry and having a good, CHRISTIAN attitude around those you meet and work with and maybe you can continue to gather in a few sheep as you go. To me, you try to force feed 100 people your ideas and they are turned off. If you take the soft sell, maybe they will start to think "man that guy is cool, I want to be around him more...."
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

2. Default  
    Faith in anything is a completely personal matter, it is a belief in something when there is no evidence to support it. It is walking when the path can not be seen. The very essence of faith is so intimate that when we quantify it we attach to it our own constructs on what it means to have faith. I have my own beliefs, they are my faith, they can never be yours, they are mine and mine alone, I own them. To have true faith one must own it, it can not be your fathers or mothers faith, that of your chosen religion or that of a pastor or close friend, it must be yours. Sure many things influence our faith but in the end, faith must be owned by you. This is why it is so hard to discuss religion with anyone because any derogatory word, real or perceived feels like a slight against you personally. For this reason I try not to tell someone what is and what isn't right for them on a public board and I leave my own questions of faith and religion to be discussed with my close friends and pastors.

3. Default  
    Having attended the first hell house in denver many years ago and never returning I have a question.

How do you think it will convert people?

I see a whole other side of this issue. you are only going to get 1 group, the people that already argee with your stance and are going in support of therefore do not need converting.

Anyone who in your eyes needs to be converted or convinced to convert most likely wouldn't attend anyway because they do not want to feel the pressure that accompanies going. I myself went just to see what the big fuss was about since I am a haunter and it got such outcry from both sides. To me the rooms were done in a rather artful manner and I had no problems with them at all. My problem came at the end where you were all forced to pray and ask for forgiveness etc. to me that crossed the line and turned me off...not on to converting therefore never have gone back.

I have plenty of family and friends who I can talk to and get their stance on why they believe what they do and would be convinced to convert based off what they say not by spending $15 to go to a hellhouse.

I wish you luck in your endeavor!

Thread Information