HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Claustrophobia?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Claustrophobia? 
    Does anyone know the material to use for a DIY Claustrophobia room? I have seen and loved this idea but the unit is pricy.

2. Default  
    I would try landscaping fabric, but experiment on your own or ask a few individuals privately as opposed to asking to make a vendors product on a public forum. If it were tips on a pop up or common item then no one would mind, but the claustrophobia tunnel is still new and from one specific vendor. The ones who should have it should be the ones who are willing to pay to have it first.
    good luck in recreating it.

3. Question  
    who makes it? I'm quite interested.

4. Default  
    I actually designed a similar effect before either Ghostride (first exhibited it) or Oak Island (copied the effect, added a second version). I was going to use the material that is used for the kid's jump houses. The closest would be ripstop nylon.

Now you can build your own, but you will have to obtain the material and the fans (several hundred dollars each), then you need someone with an industrial machine that can sew it together, you will also have to expect to do it a time or two to get it right so you will have the additional cost of time and material....or you can just buy it and you know it works...your choice!
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

5. Default  
    oak island sells the material as well. Look under black out material.

6. Default  
    Do a google search. I remember reading an article where someone built one for their office Halloween party last year.

7. Default  
    Xtreme,

I don't think the B/O fabric and the tunnel fabric are the same. The B/O fabric is a PVC coated fabric while the tunnel is like a tear resistant nylon, like ALOT of modern inflatables.

You could try it though... what would it hurt? -Tyler

8. Talking Claustraphobia 
    Contact me @ 4wheel4fun@live.com. I built 1 last year. Inexpensive, and everyone wants it in the house again this year.

9. Default  
    [QUOTE The ones who should have it should be the ones who are willing to pay to have it first.
    [/QUOTE]

So well put! Enough said!!!

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by skullman View Post
    [QUOTE The ones who should have it should be the ones who are willing to pay to have it first.

So well put! Enough said!!!
    BOO. Invalid statement. As frugal as many of the lower budgeted haunts are, the ones who should have it are the ones who are willing to make it work on their own terms. Be that buy it, make it, whatever. I'm all for finding ways to make overly priced items work on my budget!!

Thread Information