HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Imitation (or downright thievery) is the sincerest form of flattery, right?

1. Default Imitation (or downright thievery) is the sincerest form of flattery, right? 
    So we were down at the haunt today and one of the girls mentioned that she saw pics of our haunt under someone else's portfolio of their haunt on myspace.

I just came home and looked and sure enough, there are 3 pics of *our* "asylum" under their 2008 Asylum.

I sent a polite note to please remove the pictures that are not of their haunt. I mean I guess that's nice that someone else thinks another haunt is good enough to rip off their pictures and as their own, but that really pisses me off. I can't tell if their pics from the MHC bus tour or if they're pics that we've had posted on the web in the past. [edit] It looks like they were ripped straight from our own MySpace. Bah [/edit]

Anyone else have anything similar happen?
    Last edited by Brandon_K; 06-24-2009 at 12:24 AM.
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

2. Default  
    Watermark your images before putting them up online. That way there's no way of getting around it. I've watermarked ever image I put up in my gallery for just this reason.

People are MORONS.

3. Default  
    I watermark my own personal "show" pics, but I don't update the MySpace, that's Ethan's job.

I'll have to mark them all and get him to re-update them.
    -Brandon Kelm
    Operations Manager & Technical Director

4. Default  
    Sadly there's not much else you can do as far as I'm aware of. It's happened to me once and never will it happen again!

Good luck.

Thread Information