HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Keeping Up With All....

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
  1. Default Trip through the 80's 
    For all the younger guys and girls on this board, here's a taste of what you missed by not growing up in the 80's.

Good thread Shane! I'm sure your party will have many 80's songs playing.

Eric

2. Default  
    Eric,

I saw how long that video was and thought: I'm not going to watch a 10-minute video!

I sat through it three times. Thanks!

Trivia time: What was the second video ever played on MTV? Yeah, we all know what the first one was. Now how about the second? No fair googling it.

3. Default  
    Van Hagar? He gets a bad rap Van Halen was more fun with David Lee Roth, but they were just better as a band under Hagar. Remember Dreams, Poundcake and many more?

Im checking out Motley Crue again live this summer!

Someone mentioned Expose, they were good but Heart was awesome, Bad Animals was a great record, they all were....

Allan

4. Default Drum Rollllllllllllllllllllllllllll 
    Pat Benatar You Better Run and no need to google I am a music junkie! This was never one of my favorites but I love Pat!| She has actually become a friend of mine over the years due to some work I did with her with some animals. I if you remember was hoping she would be able to attend TW but had a conflict in her schedule. Here is my favorite Pat Benetar video now here's a question what 80's movie was this song played in? The video has clips of the movie in it. Loved the movie too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8lJYN3FfC0

Eric thanks for posting that man I have watch all of those many times! Man this has got to be one of my favorite threads ever here! Besided haunting I love music! Shane and its keepem coming! Shane this time.
    Last edited by graystone; 06-30-2009 at 06:30 AM.

5. Default  
    There were some hotties in 80s music: Pat Benatar, Joan Jett, Laura Brannigan, Olivia-Newton John and many in groups that don't come to mind as individuals.

I know we're talking about the 80s but this was a timeless classic and I never knew they made a "video" of it until I happened to stumble across it on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxA3atHD2QM

So much for anyone saying some of those videos from almost 30 years ago were corny! Production values and lip synching had certainly improved by then.
    Last edited by shawnc; 06-30-2009 at 06:56 AM.

6. Default  
    I sat through the 80's video 3 times as well, lol! A lot of memories in that one, I totally forgot about Eddie Murphy's one hit wonder.

Pat Benatar is the great and was on fire in the 80's! Shane, how cool would it be if you could convince her to play at your party?

Good classic video Shawnc, what year was that?

When Shane first started this thread he talked about current artists ripping classics to shreds.
    Here is one I personally like because it gets me thinking about the two classics that inspired it.

Also it is appropriate because soon Graystone Manor and Atrox will be featured in the new Hauntworld with that kick ass cover.

Even if you don't like the Kid Rock version, below that are two classic live performances by Warren Zevon and Lynyrd Skynyrd.

I think you really hit a nerve with this thread Shane because there is so much good music made in the 70's and 80's. Everyone our age
    has great memories of those times and the songs bring them to life. Now, like you said the younger generation is picking up on these songs as well.

Enjoy,

Eric

7. Default Awhhhhhhhhhh 
    Eric! The theme song of Alabama! Man all this talk has made me really think back to the good old days! God where have they gone? Shane and its I Love Rock And Roll So Put Another Dime In The Juke Box Baby! Shane this time
    Last edited by graystone; 06-30-2009 at 05:19 PM.

8. Default  
    Hey all,

Remember STRYPER?

Here's a video of the best selling Christian metal band of all time.

I saw 'em 3 times in concert. Super LOUD!

After that a video of the 2nd best selling Christian metal band of all time...

BLOODGOOD.

Very theatrical in their presentation., I saw 'em in concert at least twice I think.........Not positive it's been a long time

Oz Fox from Stryper has recorded new material with Stryper & Bloodgood & I believe he is doing concert touring with both bands for those of you who are interested in checking them out.

.........CRANK IT UP!

Tom.

9. Default  
    Where are you guys going with this? OMG! I'm really old.......... What about Ureah Heap, don't forget Frampton....I'm gonna quit now this is to much for me, I could go on and on! We would be here all night but WHAT GREAT MUSIC!

10. Default  

Thread Information