HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Length of time to walk through your haunt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Default  
    SW will have 8 separate mazes this year, each taking from 5-15 minutes to walk through. In addition there are three "Scare Zones" that people can enter and leave at their leisure. All of it is included in one price and customers can go through each maze as many times as they wish. Add in the roller coasters and other rides and it adds up to a lot of bang for the buck.

I think regular admission was $32.99. (with many discounts available) I can't do the math but I don't know many people that thought it was a bad deal.

2. Default Everything is "Relative" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Depending upon how hard and long a person has to work to make those dollars. I'm 60 yrs. old, my first job working in a small factory paid me $64.50 a week for 40 hours. I obviously still remember it(since you are reading about it here)
    The higher the admission the more people will expect from the experience and the more complaints if it doesn't live fully up to their expectations. No you will not please everybody we all should already know this, but....??
    There was the formula hooking up a haunt admission price to the price it cost to see a movie, whether or not this worked, I don't know, but is anyone paying $32.00 to see a movie?
    Alright, maybe with including the popcorn and pop, there would be the $32.oo!
    There it is! $10.00 for the haunt ticket plus $22.00 for the pop and popcorn! Speed-Pass"? We grease up the popcorn, ever heard of poopcorn?
    (Most movie popcorn always gave me stomach cramps)

3. Default  
    In our area, this is a new form of local entertainment. We have to build a market, not complete with other haunts. Our theory ( and that is all that is ) is that if we can provide a similar entertainment value to a movie theater, then we have a shot at that money coming our way. So the pricing has to be in the general area and we need to provide a similar amount of entertainment time. In general we are trying to provide the guests with a 1 hour experience. This includes an approximately 25-30 minute haunt, 15-20 minute themed queue line entertainment, and then 15 minutes of general pre line fair type entertainment.
    Randy Russom

www.midstatescare.com
    Mid State Scare - San Luis Obispo and Santa Maria's favorite Haunted House
    2013 - Hmmm, we shall see what gets conjured up

4. Default  
    can we brainstorm on how long it takes a patron to walk through based on linear feet of travel.
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

5. Default  
    <<can we brainstorm on how long it takes a patron to walk through based on linear feet of travel.>>

I'm not a math whiz, but I can tell you our inside haunt is 12,000 square feet and they traverse through standard size halls zig zagging throughout. It takes them about 20 to 30 minutes, depending on how fast the first person takes them (they go in groups). They also stop at various stations for scenes and interactive performances. There is another 3,000 to 4,000 feet outside that we also utilize, but that takes them very little time, because at that point, they are usually running.

6. Default  
    I don't think I have ever been to a haunt that I thought was too long. Been to some that I thought were too expensive for what it was but never too long. I think as long as you are priced correctly for the quality and length of your show you will be fine.
    Jared Layman

7. Default  
    our haunt will be a total of about 5,000.
    very detailed, blah blah blah, very intense, and actors are being trained to keep them in the rooms and scare them back rather than push them forward as much.
    the haunt is also for charity, so people are willing to give a little more.

do you feel $10 is fair?
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

8. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by UnDeRTaKer313 View Post
    our haunt will be a total of about 5,000.
    very detailed, blah blah blah, very intense, and actors are being trained to keep them in the rooms and scare them back rather than push them forward as much.
    the haunt is also for charity, so people are willing to give a little more.

do you feel $10 is fair?
    You could probably charge $12.00 for that.
    Jared Layman

9. Default length of time to go through haunt 
    HauntYourHouse.net/House of Shadows/Sparta Wisconsin
    Thanks for the feedback guys!!

Our haunt is for a charity. Seven years ago when I first started they were charging $6, about 2-3 years ago it was raised to $7. The thought was always that being the haunt is for the boys & girls club that it should be cheap enough that parents could bring all there kids and not have to pay a ton. And I have always agreed. My thought now though is that knowing the club is having some hard financial problems now, its harder to get money from the club to build the haunt, some of the proceeds from the pevious years are supposed to stay with the haunt commitee, but havent been, I wonder now about whether we should up the ticket price or not. Dont know if that would be a good thing to do or not. Im sure we wont end up changing it. But it does get us thinking about it.

Thanks again for all the insight. Its good to know what others think as well.

Thanks,

Kelly Anderson
    HauntYourHouse.net

10. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by mindtumor View Post
    You could probably charge $12.00 for that.

Yea, I agree with that price point. And maybe if you really thought $10 would be better for the charity you could have a $2 off coupon on your website and in your print ads.

- Ryan

Blood Lake Haunted House & Haunts of Richmond Ghost Tours
    www.bloodlakeva.com www.hauntsofrichmond.com
    Located in Richmond, VA

Thread Information