HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Chainsaws!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default In My Front Room.. 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I have complete control of the light(or is that the dark?), they are sitting on the sofas and chairs, I creep up infront of them, lean forward in the dark, snap on the little flashlight under my chin and make the smallest, slightest little squeak-sound as I open my mouth.
    This all probably sounds really stupid, but it is totally strange, unexpected and the screams are real and highly laughable a second or two later.
    Keep this in mind:"It's all experimental!" From one customer or group to the next and finding out what gets them is where all of the fun is.
    Late last night three people, two of them haunt workers came here , the one said he has now been here 5 times and last night was the most fun and the best time that he has ever had here!
    I was ad-libbing alot in the front room and being pretty outrageous for them.
    It was an adult show, never like the child's shows in the afternoons. (Sat. & Sun.)

2. Default  
    Quote Originally Posted by El Diablo View Post
    We use a circular saw with the blade removed , the scene is a human butcher shop. The saw is old so it's louder than it should be . The butcher will be cutting an arm when the patrons walk in , as they pass him he lunges at them . Works like a charm every time.
    Did you have anything for a blade? I am interested i hearing more about this! What would you use to look like meat (body parts) you were cutting up?

3. Default Point Of Intrest.. 
    I happened to see a u-tube video of a woman running a 1949 Mall chainsaw, it cut real nicely but it's engine just basically went "Put" Put" "Put", not the high,quick scream of a more modern saw, yet it still seemed to cut very efficiently.
    Wouldn't internal parts last alot long if they can do the same job yet could move at a slower speed?
    Some old stuff WAS figured out rather well.
    Maybe the really serious smart killers use quiet, older chainsaws so the neighbors don't pay attention to what's in the garbage cans?
    I have some unusual plans for my 1949 Mall saw and I have a good part of the work done....
    ..no pictures yet.

4. Default  
    we dont use chainsaws in our haunt and that is something i am happy about because i know so many people who have been hurt by an actor not properly trained to use a chainsaw - i agree tho that the noise is the most affective part- i know that somewhere they use a jacked up leaf blower because its still loud but cant catch peoples hair and cloths the same way

5. Default Leaf Blowers.. 
    So you say some haunts use leaf blowers to make noise and lift skirts? The time it would take to make sure all the customers had their goggles on right might ruin the surprise of the effect, wouldn't it?

6. Default  
    yep thats exactly what i meant except not at all because i would think that would be funny for that to happen just to watch an actor get punched out haha if i saw a fellow actor do that i would think they would deserve it sorry

Thread Information