HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Suggestions on how to vibrate a wooden bridge???

1. Default Suggestions on how to vibrate a wooden bridge??? 
    We have a 16 foot solid wood bridge that we used to use for our vortex, this year we plan to use it as simply a bridge but we would like to make it vibrate once the guests are on it.

I was told that door buzzers would work, are there any other low cost solutions? The more vibration the better.

2. Default  
    I'v thought about using an air vibrator on a bridge before just never got to it.
    http://www.navco.org/

3. Default  
    You could try out Aura bass shakers.

4. Default  
    Two words... Butt Kicker!

http://www.thebuttkicker.com/
    Bill Rod.
    Dark Tech Effects
    Automated DMX Lighting
    Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

5. Default  
    The motor the the offset weight will become very unreliable, the motor will begin to eat itself from the vibration.

Another option you could use is a concrete vibrator. These are used to vibrate concrete into forms. Some vibrate very hard some just tickle the feet.

How hard would you like it to vibrate?

6. Default Joking 
    Well you could hire a Troll to live under your bridge, he might shake it....lol
    "I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but Iím not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."

Malicious Studios
    www.maliciousstudios.com
    "HORROR FX THAT STICKS TO THE ROOF OF YOUR BRAIN !"
    http://www.myspace.com/maliciousstudios

7. Default bridge shaker 
    HauntYourHouse.net/House of Shadows/Sparta Wisconsin
    What we have been using in our haunt are actually shakers that you would see mounted under a dump truck (so I've been told). They dont really shake, but they have a pin that hammers out and back in. You mount them alongside the point you want them to vibrate and the pin hammers that point to death. That point, if wood, you'd want to mount some type of striker plate for the pin to hammer on so the pin doesnt wear through the wood. These vibrators were 24volt. The last place I remember them being used was on a ramp about 2ft wide and 4ft long. They had three of these mounted under it. It worker awesome. I dont think he payed too much for them.

Kelly Anderson
    HauntYourHouse.net

8. Default  
    HauntYourHouse.net/House of Shadows/Sparta Wisconsin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly Anderson View Post
    What we have been using in our haunt are actually shakers that you would see mounted under a dump truck (so I've been told). They dont really shake, but they have a pin that hammers out and back in. You mount them alongside the point you want them to vibrate and the pin hammers that point to death. That point, if wood, you'd want to mount some type of striker plate for the pin to hammer on so the pin doesnt wear through the wood. These vibrators were 24volt. The last place I remember them being used was on a ramp about 2ft wide and 4ft long. They had three of these mounted under it. It worker awesome. I dont think he payed too much for them.

Kelly Anderson
    HauntYourHouse.net
    This is what we use. Its a fire alarm bell striker. Remove the bell mount the striker pin next to what you want vibrated.

http://www.umei.com/fire-alarm-bells-s.htm
    Attached Images

9. Default Butt Kicker 
    A butt kicker, powered by a qsc 1500 power amp using a modified 50hz wave with a preamp will do things you can't even begin to imagine. This is by far the most vibration you are going to get from anything and it'll floor your patrons.

10. Default  
    Im with boo crew,
    I have used these successfully
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=41078
    Allen H

Thread Information