HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: ideas for 06'

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Default ideas for 06' 
    So I am not quite sure what to do this year for a yard scene, last year I sort of bit the bullet and used martha stewarts black wood witch and cats, cut them out and painted them. Incorporated black pumpkins, dyed black cheesecloth hanging from the front door area etc. But this year I often wondered what I am going to do, I thought about a nightmare before christmas theme but the one problem is there is no way after cutting them out in wood, painting all their details as I can't paint artisticly.

The next thing I thought about was a mad scientist theme, a table with beakers and test tubes, maybe a brain? I don't know though as anything really scary and the kids won't even come up the drive way LOL. Another idea I thought about was a haunted pumpkin patch, do an incredible scarecrow, get some corn husks, maybe some hay?

what are your guys's/gals plans for this year? Would love to hear!

2. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    This year we are making Farmers Cemetery bigger and longer. We are treating it like a three act play. Act 1 "The Long Forgotten Trail" Act 2 " Old Mill and The Pine Blood Forest" Act 3 "Farmers Cemetery or Farmers Market?" This is our secound year and hope to post some construction photos soon. Every day I do something that moves us a little closer and have already built two facades out of seven for the town of Old Mill and right now I'm building a out house.... The door will open slowly and sitting inside will be a bucky corpse, a green glow will be coming out of the hole he is sitting on and then a blast of fog up from the hole as people take it all in they will then get a mist of water hitting them.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

3. Default  
    that sounds like alot of fun! LOL about the water, sort of like when Tom Cruise got shot in the face with it. LMAO

4. Default  
    We usually do a haunted graveyard w/ old picket fencing, then this year I am making outdoor enclosed rooms out of black material. I am going to make a strobe hallway and a clown room. If you have any specific questions send me a PM!
    Slash

*PM me if you have any questions*

-If you fail to plan, plan to fail.
    -Don't drink the water in Mexico.
    -America: Love it or Leave it
    -In God We Trust, All Others Are Run Through NCIC
    -Gun Control: Use Two Hands

5. Default  
    We do a grveyard with a castle theme.The castle is made uot of osb board,we make our own graves.zombies,ect. Last year we bought three car ports and we turned them into a building.The carports work well when trying to make mazes and such.Ours had a meat locker scene,they had a blacklight maze a toture room with a distotions electric chair and that was just at the beging of the haunt. trick or treaters still had to make there way through the castle.All was fun and the best year yet.untill this year. :twisted:

6. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    Car ports thats awsome! Then you could store stuff under them in the off season.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

7. Default  
    :twisted: Yea thats right they serve two alternate purpose.

8. Default  
    This year I plan on building an all new facade for the entrance of my yard haunt and either going with my usual graveyard/zombie theme with a few all new props or changing it up completely with a haunted farm theme loaded with corn stalks, hay, scarecrows and a chainsaw weilding madman! All depends on how much time I actually have to devote to it this year as I keep very busy with my production company as well!

Good luck with yours!

9. Default  
    how are you going to get the corn stalks in your yard

i want to do this in mine and havent got a way to do it yet

10. Default  
    In the past I've bought bundles of corn stalks from local farmers then line them up against the lower brick portion of my house... You might be able to see what I'm talking about if you go to my Eerie Street Haunt website and look at pictures from 2004!

Any other questions let me know!

Good luck,

Jason

Thread Information