HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: I'm making my BIG announcement

1. Default I'm making my BIG announcement 
    As of this afternoon, I am officially the consultant, designer, actor trainer, and voice talent for the "Ghost Ship" haunted attraction in Wilmington NC.

AKA: The Battleship USS North Carolina

This is the single largest job I've landed for my company. I will have to walk a fine line between creating a really good haunt while remembering the fact that it is a war memorial and that many brave souls paid the ultimate sacrifice while serving aboard her. I will be working with volunteers and staff that will have to disassemble most of the haunt each night so that visitors to the ship will see her as she normally is. The haunt will only be open for 5 nights.

The initial plan is to run visitors through the galley, crews quarters, medical labs, and officer staterooms while only seeing 2 levels of the ship. With the 'battle' lights on, she's already pretty spooky so minimal lighting modifications will be needed. It's looking like it will take about 40 minutes to run through the entire haunt. (Normal tours usually last from 1-4 hours.)

Please wish me luck and any words of encouragement and/or advice for working on such a scale will be appreciated. This one will be a real challenge, but they are extremely excited to have me on board with the project...

http://www.battleshipnc.com

2. Default  
    Magnets Badger...magnets. Lots of set dressings can be attached magnetically as opposed to the usual methods. Congratulations on your new post. Im sure you will do well there. While this may seem like a no brainer, what will your theme/story be? Im really glad to hear the respect you have for this vessel and its purpose.
    Allen H

3. Default  
    Wow! It sounds amazing! And I would think a ship would have lots of magnetic surfaces. Good idea, Allen, and best wishes, Badger!
    They call me PhReAk for a reason...

4. Default  
    Congrats! that sounds like a fun ( & very challenging) job! Good luck!
    missjayne
    Netherworld Haunted Attractions
    http://www.fearworld.com/

5. Default  
    At The End Of A Long Forgotten Trail in Melrose, Fl.
    WOW, that is cool!!!! Good luck, after the event I would love to see some pics.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

6. Default  
    Congrats Badger!! That should be awesome!

7. Default  
    Congrats Badger, that is such a great opportunity!
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

8. Default  
    Congratulations Badger! This sounds like an excellent opportunity to prove your abilities to lead and to create some incredible memories. Do what I have to do all the time and just continually remind yourself to enjoy the moments and the experience. Take a deep breath each day before heading in and ride her for all she's got! Again, what an outstanding opportunity my friend! You'll show em what haunting is all about!

Kel

Kelly Allen
    Raycliff Manor Haunted Attraction
    www.RaycliffManor.com
    www.Facebook.com/RaycliffManor
    www.HauntBook.com

Thread Information