HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Do any pros decorate their homes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Default "i love halloween!" 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    ..and so i'm going to have my own haunted house!"
    I have heard and read this many times over the years. My advice to such a person making such a statement is if they really do love Halloween, then forget the haunted house, you will never see Halloween again!
    No partys, no trick or treating, no fun costumes or costume contests or parades and if you are real unlucky and you have a haunt, you might not get to have much fun there either because you will be too busy running the place, paying attention to the details and the problem solving as those October nights whizz by.
    One haunter told me he spends most of every night he's open on the phone trying to get enough help!
    I fortunately have a Wife who does alot of the running and ticket sales and group handling so I can be the strange guy impressing customers that I am still not locked up somewhere!

2. Default  
    I've been expecting Jim to post and was curious what he was going to say. It turns out to be something totally unexpected (big surprise there!) and probably the most insightful advice ever given on this board. It should be made into a sticky at the top of every forum.

3. Default Thank You Shawnc. 
    Sometimes some of us forget that we can't be two or more places at the same time.
    Hours zip by as we think, plan, build and run things, many of us have family obligations and they require and demand attention too.
    It all just boils down to, just how many hours can a person give to whatever it is they have to do?
    Then what is left for doing what you want to do?
    The "Math" doesn't lie.
    Pursuing our dream or fantasy can leave a person high & dry in other areas......

4. Default  
    Amen to your last two postings Jim! True all very true! I still hope you have time for your butterfly collection. Ha ha!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

5. Default Wrong Damon! 
    That's my "Butt and Fly" collection! Funny how the two are always found together!
    A shower with soap would change this...for awhile.

6. Default halloween... 
    March through November 15th is my busy season... November 15th to March1 is my slumber season! I feel like such a jerk for not decorating for halloween or christmas. How about that question...

who is still worn out in December that they don't decorate their homes for christmas? Count me in.
    Patrick Barberry
    www.legendsofthefog.com

7. Default In The Northern Climates... 
    There is often just a small window or weather opportunity to decorate outside for Christmas if it involves using a ladder, the winds whip up, the ladder slides across the metal edge of the spouting and pokes out a window.
    The freezing rain comes followed by sleet and snow, brittle roofing follows, no traction but then we aren't supposed to be there then either, are we?
    Same holds true for removing Christmas decorations, their removal is dictated by the weather , wait for that sunny, still day that hopefully is not too sloppy.
    Forcing certain tasks and jobs during the wrong prevailing weather can easily lead to hospital time, and then who's going to shovel your walks?
    Where did I leave my fake/sympathy leg cast?

8. Default  
    My haunt turns into my home. I can't imagine being anywhere else during October. Just so much fun. The problems, the laughs, the great scares, the people coming out screaming that the haunt scared the hell out of them. What else could you ask for during Halloween?

Thread Information