HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: what do you do in between scares??

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default  
    I'll just talk to my fellow sliders, fix up the gear a bit, stalk groups etc.

This year i scared the living shit out of an entire group. I was just watching a girl that was in the group, she saw me watching her, and she stood behind her boyfriend. I just started clicking my fingers together, and slowly walked towards the group, and then suddenly slid about 10 feet right to the girls feet and started hitting my hands randomly around her feet and i had her screaming for a good 45 seconds, i stood up and snarled in her ear and clicked my fingers in her ear, when her boyfriend (Mr. ToughGuy) Turns around and said "lay off man" and i replied back with "why, am i laying ON her too much? are you getting jealous?" and then just walked away.

one of my favorite scares yet.
    Skidduhlicious

2. Default  
    I just kinda keep on my toes for the next group and kinda pace. I get REALLY into character, so I keep in that "hunting" mindset be it inside the maze or outside working the line, especially after a really good scare. I rarely break character, even for water. We break often enough that I don't worry about water breaks really.
    Last edited by ZodiacWarrior; 10-21-2009 at 02:08 AM.

3. Default  
    Txas, I love sliders! That has always been one of my favorites. To me, I get better scared by something higher or lower then from the "normal view". In my haunt, we have someone on stilts and is about 12 feet tall. He always freaks me out and I watch him since he is in the room before me as he comes out and gets them every time. He can jump over things so easily, its scary as hell. For you to slide towards them, it would be the same affect in my book. Its out of the "normal" vision. Good Job! I mean what can you say to that comment you made? Nothing, he would be speechless.
    ~WelchWitch

4. Default  
    I've been relegated to a single small room, with no light other than a blasting strobe light... So I close my eyes in between groups, in an attempt to not get nauseous.

5. Default what I do 
    It really depends on whether I'm outside or inside. If I'm inside then I'm constantly listening for specific audio cues throughout the house so I know where the next group is.

If I'm outside then I need to look for different ways to entertain the crowd whether it be hiding places or every once in awhile go interact with the line but each section for brief periods of time so that I can still be scary and not have them be too familiar with me enough so that I can scare them again when they leave.

6. Default  
    WelchWitch,

thankyou! i strongly agree with you there, like a Halloween Horror nights, the guys walking around with chainsaws werent scary at all. But the sliders or the giant guys on stilts just looked badass!

I really enjoy sliding because the group isnt expecting it. i try to get them while theyre turned around. And before they know it, they hear this loud noise, turn around and im jumping up right in there face.

-Austin
    Skidduhlicious

7. Default In October... 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I spend a short time between groups straightening up the front room, trying to make it look like a mob of people were Not just in there sitting on the furniture, wiggling their butts on the slip covers, pulling things around because they are scared.
    Sometimes I even vaccuum the middle of the floor quickly when leaves or whatever gets tracked in the front door.
    As an extra bonus of doing this small amount of "Housekeeping" I have found people's wallets, cell phones earlier than I normally might so we can find them while they are still in the house and return the items to them.
    A few feet away I have my own private half-bathroom, a very luxurious thing to have on a busy night for drinking water, garggling, checking yourself in a well-lit mirror..and that other thing, of course too!
    If someone doesn't believe the haunted history, says I'm "full of crap", I have the very real option of showing them the evidence ..of the supernatural? No that I am no longer full of crap, unless I mistakenly prematurely flushed away the evidence.

8. Default  
    I'm bumped up to staff/security from being an actor, but when I did act I simply sat there & rested trying to get my breathing back to normal. Yeah, sounds boring doesn't it? One night though I started thinking of things that make me laugh, I'm not talking about a chuckle or two, I'm talking rib cage hurting kind of laughing. This actually came in handy that night seeing as I was already dressed as a Dr./mental patient. Groups would walk by as I'm laughing hysterically & every so often I'd sceam out BOO like the Joker does in the batman movie...Before Heath Ledger came along. People jumped almost every time!

John

9. Default  
    I know I'm like months late on this but I have nothing better to do

When I acted, I was the kid that ran around his scene changing props around, and completely making it different. (My first room was an attic) So I had like a trunk, ton's of old stuff, giant piles of old childs toys, a TON of random stuff that most old attics have, so it was easy for me to go and change everything around. My Monster Mom loved me because I was so enthusiastic about scaring, thankfully it was entirely volunteer ran and no one was a real hard-ass, so I got to have a lot of fun! ...and now I'm hooked for life. :mrgreen:

10. Default  
    I continue to act in between scares that way the character is more realistic and I find it is easier than trying to turn the character on and off all night. I also like acting off of any other actors I encounter; it adds to the fun and increases the depth of the characterization.
    Katie Lane
    Partner/VP
    Raven's Wolf Art Productions (www.ravens-wolf.com)

Bansheette Morningstar (www.bansheette.com)

Thread Information