HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Most Embarrassing moment!!!...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Default Almost quit I was so imbarrased 
    HauntYourHouse.net/House of Shadows/Sparta Wisconsin
    Ok Ive just got one time I can recall that imbarassed the crap out of me. My first year working in a haunt ever was in 2001 or 2. My neighbor asked me to help him build a room. Im pretty good with construction so I thought it might be kind of fun to help build. We were building a shrinking room.

After spending the whole summer building the shrink room and this forrest area just before it, eventually Oct. rolls around and my neighbor asks me to help out durning the season. I was very much reluctant to say yes to that. Ive never really considered myself an actor by any means. I was all about the building!! Not so much playing a character though.

Well he bugged me about it like nonstop. So I said OK but I'll just run the moving wall of the shrink room. Stay hidden all night, ya know. So my neighbor is working at the other end of the room getting all these great scares and Im back there laughing my ass off, realizing that I got to get in on this scare stuff some how.

So towards the end of my first night I finally decide to peak out of my little cubby hole behind the wall and TRY to scare this group of girls I here walking right buy me. I peak my head out, Im in costum, I let out this......stupid.......pathetic.....groul.... One of the girls turn around, and grouls right back at me........WHAT THE %*%*. Didnt come out of my hole the rest the night... All depressed and stuff..HA My buddy thought it was funny as hell though, and he let me know it, I assure you.

Next night was a complete turn around. I jumped in right away. Had great scares. The two of us were kind of able to feed off eachother. Made for one of the funnest nights in the haunt Ive had yet.

Guess sometimes you got to hit that rock bottom before you can get better. Hope you all get a laugh at my expense!! HA

Kelly Anderson
    www.hauntyourhouse.net
    Last edited by Kelly Anderson; 08-21-2009 at 08:28 AM.

2. Cool think about it!! 
    Great story!

It reminds me of this saying.

“Its only until you have lost everything, is when you can do anything.”

Peter T
    FS

3. Default Customers Can Be Very Cruel 
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    I had a young woman working here whose job was not to scare but to direct traffic in a room with 5 doors coming into it.
    The first night she was very upset when some guy looked her right in the eye and said something like, "Well you are a hell of a looking thing!"
    She had no mask or make up on, it was just her own face. She got so down about this she wanted to walk right out the door and never return.
    She was a nice looking woman but she had just been through a nasty divorce from an abusive A-Hole husband and her self-esteem was lower than whale shit.
    I talked and talked to her..she returned the next night dressed with a black veil hiding her face!
    But then she never came back after that.....too bad.
    A consideration when hiring, some people working for us can be sensitive, insecure people.

4. Default  
    I unfortunately found out that CAMO netting, strobe lights, and untied shoes are a bad combination.

In my scene there is a 3 foot box that I climb on that has vines, cargo netting, and other material all around. I attempted to jump off my box but my feet had other plans. My shoe lace got caught in some of the material around my box and I found myself shoulder first on the concrete in front of the group.

The ego wasn't the only thing bruised.

"Accept that some days you're the pigeon, and some days you're the statue."

5. Default I had first one! 
    Ok, I just had my first embarrassing moment in all these years of acting. I am Dolly, my full body costume is a mixture of Julia Childs and Dan Ackroyd from SNL playing Julia then add the lunch room lady who served you lunch in school with lots of gross zits. I am wearing a size 6X dress cause I have an ape chest attached to the underneath in place of my butt, so it looks like my butt is extra huge. It is so big, my character can't wipe her butt and has crap stains to show that feature off better. Now I am not the scare, I am the distraction. So picturing what I am wearing, the problem came when I had to go to the bathroom while in flippen costume. We have the smallest port-a-potty it seems and with that butt it is very hard to fit in there. I try my best not to go until I was out of costume, but I had a hard time with that last night. So anyways, I go do my thing, adjust and come back out to continue working. Now keep in mind, we have had little snow and below temps and as I do my thing I am feeling a flippen draft. And after hearing few laughs I find out from the "scare" of the room, that I didn't pull the "ass" down all the way and my undergarments lets say were still showing. Thank god, I didn't have toilet paper stuck, that would have been gross and I would have died, but it is hard as hell to pull all that crap down in a space of a phone booth!
    ~WelchWitch

6. Default  
    This season, I climbed up on a small table on a whim. Someone had water on it or something. My boot slipped off the edge and i landed on all fours HARD, right as the first group left and another came in. They chuckled until I turned around and asumed my full height. Then they didnt think it was so funny.

7. Default A Year Ago... 
    I said my house was built by a boatload of midgets with bad tools...
    I had been standing beside the front door checking everyone's ticket as they passed me..
    The lights went up and a very short, frail older woman about 40 inches tall stood up as she got off the couch.
    I guess I had overlooked her?
    Sort of like the time I politely asked a teenage boy if he had broke his leg, he was on a crutch, cast on the leg.
    "No, something is wrong with my leg, it might be cancerous, they might cut my leg off."
    (Sorry I asked, just trying to be nice)
    Or the time a 12 yr. old boy was coming through for his second time with his parents. I pretended that I wanted to cut his finger off, he fought hard to keep his hand away from me, I said, "What's the big deal? You got ten of them?"
    "I got 5!"
    "You got 10!"
    "I got 5!!" He then pulled back his sleeve to show me he only had five fingers.....
    ...but he had only been here ONCE before, not 5 other times!
    He just kept on coming BACK!!?

8. Default  
    Most embarasing for me had to be one of the times I was working in our opening rooms. We have two rooms that the patrons go into first before they walk through the house, both are identical except for how their operated. One room has a button for the actor to press in the podeum to begin the show, the other rooms button is behind the bookshelf and needs one other actor to press it from a voice cue (we had to hurry to finish the room). The patrons eneter the room and I make my speech really big, at the end I say the word that cues the other actor to press the button. I must not have been loud enough cause they never pressed it... So here I sit with a room full of patrons and an awkward silence. I had to go behind the bookshelf and tell the actor to press the button...so lame >

9. Default  
    Ran out at a group with a chainsaw, not realizing i had accidentally unplugged it... far less scary without any noise.

Operating a drop pannel, dropped it but it got caught at the top of the pannel, but i continued to try and pop my head out, so i just smashed my face on the back of the pannel.
    Mike Quill
    Fear Town Haunted House

10. Default My Helper's Embarrassment 
    He got airborne, flying into a room full of patrons, flying with arms out like Superman, crashed and "burned", hitting his head pretty hard, rolling on the floor for his landing zone.
    "Are you alright? Did you get hurt?"
    "Naw! All just part of the show."
    Pretty scary seeing a 300 pounder do this acrobatic!

Thread Information