HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Radio Station Advertising

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Radio Station Advertising 
    Well I am brand new to this forum and hope to be hear for the long haul.... I am starting a new haunted attraction in Salt Lake City, Utah and need a lot of help. I am just posing a question for those that have lots of experience... How much of your advertising budget is used in radio? and how many stations do you use? and how much does your market charge for a good amount of visits to your attraction and spots on the radio?

The reason I am asking is that for this market it seems very expensive and I would like to know if I am putting alot of money and faith into a medium that may not be the most effective.

Thank you

Ryan

2. Default  
    I can custom make a radio spot for you for UNDER $50... This will allow you to spend more on other areas of your marketing/haunt. -Tyler

PS: For references, as Gwen (EmpressNightshade) or NightmareManor

3. Default  
    Hey Ryan, take a good look at your local station's Arbitron books. They come out every quarter and any sales rep would love to show them to you. It will show you how they rank in many different age groups. The station here in Omaha that I spend most of my money with is number one with 18-34 year olds, and ranks very high in the 12+ catagory. Depending on how many nights you are open would probably determine how often you want a "remote" or "live broadcast." Have your sales rep come up with a package deal showing how many spots you want every week, ticket give-aways, and live broadcasts. Be very specific about when you want your spots to run. I would focus on the p.m. drive and morning shows. Never not take the first offer! They will do a lot to keep a good client. I spend between 15 and 20 percent of my gross on advertising and about 3/4 of that is radio. We tried two different stations this year and did not see a big jump by adding the second one. Good luck!!!!! :twisted:
    Scott Murphy- Owner/Operator www.theshadowsedge.com KICKING & SCREAMING!!!

4. Default Thanks! 
    Nightgore I need your contact info because I am very interested in looking at your services.

As for the question, I have gotten quotes from all the major stations that have my target market and I am getting quotes for 15,000 to 20,000 bucks per station and they say that it is a medium package! I am just trying to figure which is the best way to get the biggest bang for the buck. Would you recommend billboards too? Thats another 15,000. Our budget for the first year is not as large as I would like it, Are these prices competitive in other market places?

Ryan

5. Default  
    I just sent you a PM, feel free to call me. -Tyler

6. Default  
    Ravens Grin Inn, 411 carroll st.mount carroll ill.
    Gotta get a website and listed in haunted house listings, these will be the least expensive, yet the best ads you will ever find.
    Unless there is a station in your listening area that has everyone tuned into them, it is all a gamble, will they be listening or not?
    A website is there waiting whenever they clickon , waiting to tell them everything they need to know about your place, trying to cover all that info in a radio ad is a bit trickier.

7. Default  
    Aspenld!!
    "Ya gotta get The Book"
    ( So You Want To Be A Haunt Entrepreneur ) !
    By Kelly Allen. Its a must have.
    www.eurekascreams.com

8. Default  
    Before getting a commercial made check with the radio stations you are interested in, many of them include the production of the commercial automatically in the cost of the radio buy.
    The Future is looking Scare E

9. Default  
    rfr
    when god created light the first shadow was born

10. Default Getting Closer 
    Well thank you all for the information that you have given me. I have probably given everyone the idea that I am not as far along as I am.... I have the book from Kelly Allen, I have read it three times..... Also, my website is under construction and will be on every search engine that I can get on. I am at the business plan stage and finalizing our 1st year financial data and have just found it daunting to be spending $60,000 for radio and billboard signage and trying to figure out if there are other mediums that could possibly be more effective. I am just a sponge trying to soak up all of your expertise that took many of you years to gather, but I am trying to get it all now. I will be trying several ticket giveaway promotions here and also sending out online discount tickets to emails through large companies that are here. I am daunted because of some of the size of my competition that is here in Salt Lake City. It's kind of like building a grocery store with a small budget to try to compete with Walmart and Albertsons or Kroger or any other huge chain. Let me know what you have tried to do to advertise with small budgets.

Ryan

Thread Information