HauntWorld Home - Forums Home - Live Chat - Find Haunted Houses - Hauntworld Magazine - Haunted House Supplies - America's Best Haunts - Find Vendors
Haunted House News - Haunted Tradeshows - Join Hauntworld Facebook - Hauntworld Twitter - Advertise - Contact Us

Thread: Rob Zombie directing the next Halloween flick....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Rob Zombie directing the next Halloween flick.... 
    Sorry if this has been posted already but Dimension Films has announced Rob Zombie will write, direct, co-produce and supervise music for the next Halloween film, which he describes as a Remake-Prequel. Im not sure how I feel about this as a HUGE Michael Myers fan. Nothing against Rob Zombie but this film is a classic, and The Devils Rejects and House of 1000 corpses does not come ANYWHERE close!!! What do you guys think? You can check it out at www.halloweenmovies.com
    ALBANYFRIGHTNIGHTS.COM-THE WEBSITE OF THE SCARIEST SHOW IN SOUTH GEORGIA!!!!

2. Default  
    Rob Zombie's movies tend to be great looking, highly-stylized flicks with great characters, awesome soundtracks, and ridiculous plots.

I predict Rob Zombie will either completely revitalize the Halloween series or put the final nail in it's coffin.

It's a win-win situation!
    Guerilla Haunter

3. Default  
    Haunter112, sounds like you are not a Michael Myers fan?

4. Default  
    Yeah its a odd one.

Robs style just doesnt to me seem to suit the Halloween style.

But hey i could be wrong, i guess we will see next year!

5. Default  
    It will be hard, IMHO, to beat Harry Manfredini's soundtracks
    in the original.

His work is utter genius.
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

6. Default  
    Actually I'm a huge fan of Michael Myers. I'm just not a big fan of the goofy satanist/cult crap that got layered on in the later sequels. The series got a shot in the arm with Jamie Lee Curtis' return in H20 but the follow-up seemed more like a horror spoof than an actual horror movie.

Sorry, Virgil. Harry Manfredini (Friday the 13th) is an awesome composer but it was Director John Carpenter that composed the music for the original HALLOWEEN. The infamous "deet deet dit deet deet dit deet dit deet dit" synth rhythm was actually inspired by a latin-jazz hand drum exercise that Carpenter learned as a teenager.
    Guerilla Haunter

7. Default  
    Gotta love where to pull inspirations for music in general. The two wierdest I ever had were pulled out of dreams, and then an experiment a guy did with dolphin speech, slowing it down and hitting piano melodies from the resultants. The music is quite lonely, it speaks of another time and place.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

8. Default  
    DOH!!

Got my low budget wires crossed!!
    Virgil: Master Of The Ethermuse

9. Default  
    Im with ya there, Haunter112. I did not care for the whole "Thorn"thing and was glad when they scrapped it for H20. Halloween series should only consist of 1, 2, H20, and Resurrection,IMO. I am pessimistic about Rob Zombie's version of my favorite classic of all time only because Ive seen his other film work. It compares to taking a low budget film maker that does straight to DVD movies and asking him to remake the original Gone with the Wind or Chariots of Fire. I guess we'll see and Im keeping my fingers crossed that he doesnt redesign Michael Myers.

10. Default  
    Actually I thought Part IV started off good and then kind of ran out of steam. Maybe I was just happy to see Michael Myers return.

Also, Part III (Season of the Witch) isn't a bad horror movie but it's not really a "Halloween" movie, is it?

I'm gonna keep an open mind when it comes to Mr. Zombie. He's really good at re-creating that late 70s time period that birthed the original Halloween.

He may surprise us.
    Guerilla Haunter

Thread Information